Liga l Round 4: Leganes - FC Barcelona 1-5

barcanuck

Trippy lineup. 3-4-3 with no real DM! Very interesting by Lucho. I get that he's experimenting with Masche as RB/RCB it seems since Bob really can't play all the games and there is no way we play Vidal ever again.

Hats off to Lucho here rested Busi and Bob fully and even gave Rafinha a start :)

SocalBarcaFan

Sloppy game judging by our performance in the midfield (with the exception of Rafinha) and the backline, MSN bailed us out again. Too much reliance on counters to my liking, when we had the possession it seemed we didn't know what to do to. Also times and times again it has shown we can't handle intense pressing by our opponent. We just lose the ball if they press. We've got to work on this, I hope Luis Enrique takes note.

We handle the pressure better than any other team in the world. Of course we invite it more than any other team too but I think it's on purpose. It's risky but when the other team presses so high and you break it you get your forwards with an advantage on the defense. And what forwards are waiting up there for us? The best in the history of football.

So it might give us heart attacks at times but it's clear to me that it's something Lucho has told them to do.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I really didn't like the original formation today, with some players in uncomfortable positions, but I'm glad Lucho corrected it in time, moving back to something more akin to a 4-4-2 than the original 3-4-3. Rakitic is not a cdm, Rafinha is not a wingback or so, and Masch has lost almost all of his pace, so making him cover so much lateral space gave Leganés some 'cheap chances'. I did like the verticality in our play though. It also shows that it's probably better to rotate only a few players at a time instead of half the team in one go.

El Flaco

[tw]777128722130464768[/tw]

Must say he scored such a great free kick, fair play to him after being abused by Neymar moments before it happened.

Home of Barca Fans