CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Celtic 7-0

Neeraj

Why was Gomes not on the squad against Alaves? I would play him instead of Rakitic, we need to be able to rest Rakitic this season, especially with this squad.

Professor Chaos

CsOSs79UAAE6Vux.jpg

Masip, Mathieu, Denis Suarez & Aleix Vidal not included.

Denis>Rafinha. Maybe it's because Rafinha didn't play much yet.

Icarium

Lifestealer
[formation=barca,6]
Mats
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Roberto-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busi-0-0-0
0-Gomes/Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Gomes should start imo. Paco, Rafinha and Rakitic can be the subs.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Straight back into the stands you go, Aleix. I think we will see that a lot this season.

Nucky

[formation=barca,6]
Mats
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Roberto-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busi-0-0-0
0-Gomes/Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Gomes should start imo. Paco, Rafinha and Rakitic can be the subs.

He should but I doubt he will.. The line up you posted seems the most realistic for tonight ;)

BBZ8800

I am going to bang my head into a wall all night if Lucho actually plays the strongest 11 against a f***ing Celtic at Camp Nou in a f***ing opening match of a group stage of Champions league.

Lucho's logic:
La liga match on weekend: play 5 subs and newcomers
Celtic on a Camp Nou, group stage of a CL: play the strongest possible 11
La liga away to Leganes on weekend:
Mats, Digne, Mathieu, Umtiti, Vidal - Mascherano, Rafinha, Denis - Arda, Paco, Messi

:facepalm:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I am going to bang my head into a wall all night if Lucho actually plays the strongest 11 against a f***ing Celtic at Camp Nou in a f***ing opening match of a group stage of Champions league.

Lucho's logic:
Mats, Digne, Mathieu, Umtiti, Vidal - Mascherano, Rafinha, Denis - Arda, Paco, Messi

Avoiding loss is much more important, he will start relatively strong lineups until Atleti match. If we win all the matches by then I don't think anyone will remember that embarrassing defeat. Anyway we can't just underestimate celta, that same attitude cost us the match against alaves. I for one want to see some strong lineup. MSN should start for this match, even for the coming few matches. We can rotate the rest.

Messi983

Lucho's logic:

Why? It's important to start CL season with a win. Yes, Celtic is probably the worst opponent in our group but we should take them seriously. We can't afford not to win today. Our plan should be to play first 4 games with the strongest possible lineup, win them and that will (almost 100%) guarantee us 1st place. Then we can play last two games with backups. I don't want us to be in a must win position before last game against Gladbach which will be played 3 days after El Classico. Or before 5th game in group stage away to Celtic which will be played 3 days before our visit to Anoeta where we always struggle.

BarçaBarça

I'm more worried about possible injuries to Messi, Suarez or Iniesta if they play full time, than the result. We should be able to win this, but will Lucho sub tired players off to rest? I'm not sure..

SahanBarca

I'm more worried about possible injuries to Messi, Suarez or Iniesta if they play full time, than the result. We should be able to win this, but will Lucho sub tired players off to rest? I'm not sure..

Messi never wants to get subbed off . I think Iniesta will get subbed . No idea about Suarez

BarçaBarça

Messi never wants to get subbed off . I think Iniesta will get subbed . No idea about Suarez

Maybe Suarez playing full time isn't bad - he wasn't injured as such, just tired afaik. Iniesta subbed off would be good, so he can lead the team again Saturday noon.
Also Ter Stegen to play makes me a little anxious - don't push it guys! :nervous:

Home of Barca Fans