Luis Suárez or Ronaldo (Il Fenomeno)

Who's the better player do you think?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

Fat Ronaldo better than messi ????????????? nah

Please, tell me how "almost on par" becomes "better than" in your way of understanding things. I'm genuinely curious.
My 2nd phrase wasn't about Messi anymore, if that's what you're referring to. I meant r9 would had been a better player than what he was, not that he'd be better than Messi.

Total-Football

Please, tell me how "almost on par" becomes "better than" in your way of understanding things. I'm genuinely curious.
My 2nd phrase wasn't about Messi anymore, if that's what you're referring to. I meant r9 would had been a better player than what he was, not that he'd be better than Messi.

yeah that's why i understood from your second phrase .. alright then , still i think " almost on par " is flattering to Fat Ronaldo IMO .. the best of all time players to my taste are the ones who are capable of both fantastic playmaking skills and also can deliver those solos when all they need is literally the ball .. those players are " messi - maradonna - cruyf - pele - maybe george best " .. Fat Ronaldo is as devastating as those when attacking with the ball , but he really has little to offer in terms of playmaking , he can those basic short passes that's it. Messi is a whole different package IMO

edit : for the same reasons + polyvalence of leo .. i rate him as the ultimate GOAT

F

Flavia

yeah that's why i understood from your second phrase .. alright then , still i think " almost on par " is flattering to Fat Ronaldo IMO .. the best of all time players to my taste are the ones who are capable of both fantastic playmaking skills and also can deliver those solos when all they need is literally the ball .. those players are " messi - maradonna - cruyf - pele - maybe george best " .. Fat Ronaldo is as devastating as those when attacking with the ball , but he really has little to offer in terms of playmaking , he can those basic short passes that's it. Messi is a whole different package IMO

edit : for the same reasons + polyvalence of leo .. i rate him as the ultimate GOAT

Almost on par is not on the same level. No one was/is on Messi's level to me. But R9, attacking wise, was almost as good. Injuries got the better of him, sadly.

Total-Football

indeed .. i was watching that Game vs Lazio live (Tv) .. i couldn't comprehend what had happened lol ..steps over then everybody putting their hands over their headS .. and it was the first game after a long injury. unlucky

Neymessi

Ronaldo, no contest. Suarez is limited to a goalscorer roll. Isn't given the burden to create chances like messi neymar or iniesta and he rightly so keeping him focussed at goalscoring which he is damn good at. Ronaldo was a an allrounder. Dribbling,passing,scoring he had everything and that too upgraded to the max.

dakt

No brainier. Fat Ronaldo is one of the greatest. :worthy:
I always fall into nostalgia when I talk about him...mostly because I had some wonderful days back then...:wub:

Mirek91

What´s with the Suarez hype?

Suarez is playing with arguably the greatest player of all times and without a doubt top 10 playmaker ever in Messi. Then there is Neymar & Iniesta...

If you just look at his game, it´s really nothing special. 50% of his passes go god knows where, and he rarely creates chances for others. Thank god he scores quite a few out of the blue eurogoals...

Don´t get me wrong, I love the dude, but comparing him to R9? LOL, just lol :)

Probably should praise R9 then instead of dissing Suarez. You gotta give it to the Uruguayan though, he constantly (well, almost) overperforms relative to his limited skill set.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I agree when it comes to talent but arent we underrating Suarez a bit? The general feeling he is below Messi/Ronaldo level and at the Aguero/Neymar/Lewa table.
Yet this man has been a monster for a while now. With Ajax, Liverpool, Uruguay and with us. He always adapts, becomes the best player and carries the team. Now we have Messi and are stacked but surely this man right now is the second best player in the world and above the likes of Eto'o, Drogba, Sheva and more. I put Suarez in the same bracket as Henry and Ronaldo as best strikers I have seen. Cr7 as well by the way. Only players that are comparable and better are Messi and Ronaldo pre injuries.

CR7 at his peak was also better, but not much better.

I think some people rate fenomeno higher because of his injuries and the "what could have been" factor.
In fact fenomeno should be rated lower because of his injuries. Longevity is a critical factor in football, and one that brought fenomeno back to earth. Everyone talks about 19-20 year old fenomeno, but what about 28,29,30 year old not so fenomeno. Would Messi be regarded as the greatest if he only lasted two years at Barca? Not a chance.

I chuckled at the not so fenomeno part :lol: well done

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
94-98 Ronaldo is one of THE best players ever and THAT Ronaldo would have eclipsed Pele IMO. He was that good and the best striker I have seen.

However post 98 is a different story and was never the same player after France 98 and I also know he had knee injury during that time too that plus a lousy career move in joining a shit team in Inter I think warrants 2 different eras for Ronaldo.

The 94-98 Ronaldo one of the greatest players of all time and in my view would have eclipsed Pele - he was that damned good.

98-2006 Ronaldo was not the same player and in my view Luis Suarez is a much better player than 98-06 Ronaldo. But 94-98 Ronaldo is up there with the Gods of greatness of footballers of all time.

So if the vote was 94-98 Ronaldo I'd easily pick him. But 98-06 Ronaldo I'd easily pick Suarez.

Ritchie

The only Barca forward to eclipse Ronaldo's season at Barca is Messi. Ronaldinho probably got closest in 04/05.

Home of Barca Fans