Luis Suárez or Ronaldo (Il Fenomeno)

Who's the better player do you think?

• Total voters

El Flaco

There's no question that both of them are great players, but I'm curious to ask which one you prefer between them.

Who's the better player do you think?

F

Flavia

Suarez is great, but R9 was almost on par with Messi. Without those injuries he would've been better too.

serghei

Ronaldo, but imo the difference is not that big. Messi is at least a level above both.

Last edited:

NorthernVictory

R9 offensively and technically superior. I haven't really seen full games from R9 though, so I'm wondering how much he contributes defensively.

Luis presses like a madman and offers insane pressure for almost the entirety of every match. In conjunction with Messi, Luis is probably better.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ronaldo (in his only season for Barca in particular) was best I've ever seen in a #9.

He could take a ball and just dribble and dash towards the goal all by himself. No tactics, no help from anybody.

And we are talking about times top goalscorers in Primera usually scored 20 goals as Pichichis.

desoe

Wow!

Suarez is an amazing player, but come on. Ronaldo is among the greatest of all time, EVEN with all of his injuries and time off the pitch.

You remember the misses Suarez did against Bilbao in the last La Liga round? Now imagine Ronaldo having these chances. This answers your question as well. He was an absolutely profilic striker, who also had the technique and the dribble of a #10. It was a phenomenal combo.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Il fenomeno was like Messi in the 90's. if this was the in the youtube era his popularity would have been even more insane.
despite every kid already trying to be Ronaldo in 98. He was so insane for a 20 year old. I like to imagine a world where Messi vs Ronaldo is with fenomeno instead of cr7 and the injuries never happen. Thats the only guy on Messi's level.
To me for years he was the best player I have ever seen. Much better than Zidane but also than Rivaldo, Dinho or even my favourite Thierry Henry.
Out of nostalgia its always Ronaldo for me.

raskolnikov

I agree when it comes to talent but arent we underrating Suarez a bit? The general feeling he is below Messi/Ronaldo level and at the Aguero/Neymar/Lewa table.
Yet this man has been a monster for a while now. With Ajax, Liverpool, Uruguay and with us. He always adapts, becomes the best player and carries the team. Now we have Messi and are stacked but surely this man right now is the second best player in the world and above the likes of Eto'o, Drogba, Sheva and more. I put Suarez in the same bracket as Henry and Ronaldo as best strikers I have seen. Cr7 as well by the way. Only players that are comparable and better are Messi and Ronaldo pre injuries.

Home of Barca Fans