Cycling

barca96

Not sure man, we have so many great cyclists, especially at that time. The most famous was Marco Pantani of course, I don't think you mean him as he was a great climber rather than a descender, but your last sentence made me think of him as he used to tuck behind the bars - even had them specially sized, for better aerodynamics.

Loved Il Pirata, is one of my sporting idols, always tried to replicate his stance for mountain climbs, with far less effect of course.

This years Tour is crazy though, so many crashes, even one cyclist came off after hitting a dog!

haha poor golden retriever.i saw that.

no its no pantani. i dont know. never like the baldy.
the guy im talking about is kinda tall and big, his jersey is always red.
is it cipollini? i remember his name has a lot of L's.

This is real cycling? ;D
[YOUTUBE]KveDxORwcw8[/YOUTUBE]

thats the 1st fight where a punch actually landed on a face in de tour :lol:

barca96

armstrong gave up on the tour.
he crashed 3 god damn times. how unlucky can he get??!!
last year same thing.
was never a fan of him but i really want him to succeed

Forrest Gump

yes although i don't like Lance i feel sorry for him. But even more i have pity on Cadel Evans. Not the first time he has bad luck while being in good shape. He was so disappointed yesterday.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Well, at least one portuguese win something this season (I'm not count with Mourinho)...

barca96

hmmm contador is going to add another silverware to spain's trophy list.
but this one will leave a bad taste...

nothing like the gentlemen of the last decade; armstrong, ullrich and pantani

S

Super Pippo

Yeah that disappointed me, in football I love the craft and cunning you get in getting one over your opponent, whether it be diving, using the hand, scoring when it didn't go over the line. But cycling was different, I loved it because it had such sportsmanship between the competitors, unwritten code that meant Contador doing that was impossible before, because the pelaton group was more important. But now its acceptable it seems, and its a shame, and its not just Contador, this tour has been full of it. I blame alot of it on Cavendish, even last year you saw what lengths he will go to, trying to push Thor into the barriers, once one starts that sort of thing regularly, it becomes normal.

barca96

i remember back in 99 or 00, ullrich fell down and armstrong waited for him
and later on at another stage, armstrong fell and ullrich waited while i was screaming at the tv screen telling jan to go ahead lol

and i noticed during one of the spints in the early stages this year, one guy headbutted another sprint contender to make way for his team mate.
i cant remember such dirty tactics the last time i watched tour de france last decade

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
5th consecutive Tour that goes to a Spaniard....really...is there any other nation in sport?

At the moment... let's see... Alonso in F1 (already won this season), basket (national team, CL and Gasol with Lakers), Hockey (national team and CL with our club), cycling... well at a first look... no!

S

Super Pippo

i remember back in 99 or 00, ullrich fell down and armstrong waited for him
and later on at another stage, armstrong fell and ullrich waited while i was screaming at the tv screen telling jan to go ahead lol

and i noticed during one of the spints in the early stages this year, one guy headbutted another sprint contender to make way for his team mate.
i cant remember such dirty tactics the last time i watched tour de france last decade
Yep, I really hope Cavendish doesn't take the green jersey today, obviously I want Alessandro Petacchi to win anyway, but not just that. Cavendish is by far the dirtiest rider, and I attribute alot of this acceptance of foul play to him and his terrible attitude. It would be bad for the sport if someone like that won it.

barca96

At the moment... let's see... Alonso in F1 (already won this season), basket (national team, CL and Gasol with Lakers), Hockey (national team and CL with our club), cycling... well at a first look... no!

lorenzo in MotoGP.
unbelievable year for the spaniards.
hopefully it will give them a boost.

pippo, i havent been following the tour that much.
so was cavendish the guy who headbutted another rider during the sprint?
what other dirty tactic did he do?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Is anyone really surprised Contador is a doper? They might as well change the sport name to Professional Doping, really.

Twizku

The Twizmeister
Contador got a ban for a year after a drugs test came back positive. He said he ate "contaminated meat"

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
so I have ran 6 marathons and 1 50k since dec 2010 and I want to start cycling bc it is so hot here (and perhaps with an iron man in mind someday) I got a bianchi bike and Am looking for any advise anyone (sergio) can give a newb... thanks in advance i welcome any help

Home of Barca Fans