Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jurgen Klopp

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWinNoFee View Post
    I'd places Sir Alex's 1999 treble winning squad as the best team United he's ever had, they had a midfield of Giggs/Scholes/Keane/Beckham, that's as good as any there's ever been, that squad in general had everything in terms of attack and defense too.

Arsenal invincibles also has to go down as one of the Premier League's greatest.

For me City (when all players are fit) are best team in England and in Europe, if City played Liverpool in the Champion League final last season, i believe 7 times out of 10 Liverpool would have lost.
    I actually agree with this. But I indicated last 20 years.

98-99 United beat Bayern and Barca in group stages, and Inter, Juve (3 CL finalist in a row at the time), and Bayern in the KOs. Dealt with a strong PL and FA cup competition. I don't think they lost a game in the second half of the season or maybe just 1 in the last 40 or something absurd like that.

Even 20+ years ago, the secret to being a dominant team was having a monstrous midfield and mobile defense.

I don't rate the invincibles. You can't be taken seriously without European glory, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by utility73 View Post
    Great answer
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

I think it's an answer that could be applied to many issues, but not really this one. We've already seen games postponed and teams self-quarantining themselves to stop the spread. It is absolutely something Klopp should have a relevant view on.

Villarato!
    He maybe should and he probably does, but he knows that if he expresses it he only places his view at the centre of the discussion. And that's not the way it should be.
    Last edited by Wolfe; 4th March 2020 at 10:13 PM.
    People are boring.