User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Jurgen Klopp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    10,068
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Jurgen Klopp

    Jurgen Klopp




    Made his name in Mainz and later on brought Dortmund back to their glory days.
    Current manager of Liverpool.



    Jurgen Klopp on Premier League vs. La Liga comparision


    ‘The biggest difference between England and the others is that the competition is always so hard. So, yes, you can play three games if you have teams with special ability, like Manchester City or Manchester United — two teams and let them play.

    ‘The big difference to Spain is that Barcelona can play 50 per cent of their games with Team B; or there are games where Lionel Messi runs 4.3 kilometres but scores five goals. That’s a recovery session. England has no recovery session, in absolutely any game.

    http://en.as.com/en/2016/09/03/footb...56_428634.html

  2. #2
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    26,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. One season outside Germany suddenly makes him an expert in La Liga

    If journalists knew their jobs they would have thrown Messi stats in Champions League in his face.

    Or..... So many nobodies and average players from La Liga became stars in EPL. He might chew on that a bit too.

    Or.. Simple look at the stats of Spanish teams in European Cups versus Englanders.

    List goes on but hey, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

  3. #3
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. One season outside Germany suddenly makes him an expert in La Liga

    If journalists knew their jobs they would have thrown Messi stats in Champions League in his face.

    Or..... So many nobodies and average players from La Liga became stars in EPL. He might chew on that a bit too.

    Or.. Simple look at the stats of Spanish teams in European Cups versus Englanders.

    List goes on but hey, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.
    I think he opinion carries more weight regarding footballing matters than 99% of people in this world. So personally I am going to think about what he said.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

  4. #4
    Flavia
    Guest
    Infected with the epl hype. Messi would destroy most epl teams by walking 1 km.

    Gary Neville also thought la liga would be easy.

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp doesn't like barca's philosophy. He previously said that not only is it too easy for barça to win some games, but the passing game bores him. He was still at Dortmund then.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    Klopp doesn't like barca's philosophy. He previously said that not only is it too easy for barça to win some games, but the passing game bores him. He was still at Dortmund then.
    That seems new to me. When did he say that?

  7. #7
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    10,068
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, but wasn't the context to this one that he was asked about different playstyles and why enjoys his pressing game over possession football? I believe it was the one where he mentioned orchestras and metal concerts and what he prefers to see from his own teams.

  9. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    Okay, but wasn't the context to this one that he was asked about different playstyles and why enjoys his pressing game over possession football? I believe it was the one where he mentioned orchestras and metal concerts and what he prefers to see from his own teams.
    It was that quote indeed and yes, sure. I don't really mind what Klopp says, still a great coach, but that other PL quote was just some nasty PR. I doubt Klopp actually thinks that mid table liga teams are inferior to PL ones.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same thing all managers say though. Even if they're exaggerating there must be something to it.

  11. #11
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    It's the same thing all managers say though. Even if they're exaggerating there must be something to it.
    The EPL is more competitive because the top clubs are weak. The only reason that people can say that the average club is better in England is because since the average club doesn't get to Europe, there isn't any data against foreign clubs. That little "something to do with it" is probably a chauvinistic feeling + a shitton of money. Also, compare that part of Klopp's statement with the dumb-as-fuck comment about barça. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    newsflash klopp

    barca and madrid would make the PL teams look the same as what they do in la liga.

  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost a lot of respect for him because of those comments on Barcelona. He's a dumbass.

  14. #14
    ze special one
    ammarfcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    top secret.
    Posts
    3,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell1978 View Post
    Lost a lot of respect for him because of those comments on Barcelona. He's a dumbass.
    HUR DUR HE DOESN'T WANNA PLAY OUR STYLE THEREFORE HE BE A DUMBASS MUUUUHH POSSESSION

    rekt 4-0 m9



  15. #15
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    9,911
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo, his critique is more towards the other teams at the time, that Pep's Barcelona made to look obsolete by comparison and also forced them to improve to keep up, Madrid and Bayern being the best examples of sleeping giants in 2009. It's a major difference between Madrid and Bayern in 2009, and Madrid and Bayern now, and being absolutely trashed by Barcelona, (the 6-2 and 4-0 flattered Real and Bayern) surely raised some red signals at the time, because the difference was absolutely huge.
    Last edited by serghei; 4th September 2016 at 12:48 PM.