Jürgen Klopp

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He doesn't know what he's talking about. One season outside Germany suddenly makes him an expert in La Liga :facepalm:

If journalists knew their jobs they would have thrown Messi stats in Champions League in his face.

Or..... So many nobodies and average players from La Liga became stars in EPL. He might chew on that a bit too.

Or.. Simple look at the stats of Spanish teams in European Cups versus Englanders.

List goes on but hey, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

I think he opinion carries more weight regarding footballing matters than 99% of people in this world. So personally I am going to think about what he said.

El Flaco

Klopp says it'd be harder for Barça & other Spanish teams to win Premier League than become La Liga champions.

From his interview that Marca published from yesterday.

Do you think the Premier League is more difficult than LaLiga then?

You can imagine that even for Spanish teams it would be really difficult to become champion in England. The competition is really difficult. Of course, [Barcelona and Real Madrid] would be at the top and fighting for everything. But nothing is certain in this league because a lot of different things have an influence and the intensity is really high. You don't have one game where you go and play your B team and think 'Okay, another 4-0' and you can rest the top players. You don't have this here.

But you're saying that is possible in LaLiga?

This is the big difference. It's also not possible in the Bundesliga, unless you are Bayern Munich. In England it isn't possible to rest. You can see it this year. Chelsea are having a great season, but there are a lot of matches which they have won 1-0 and they have had to defend the result to the very end. I now have experience with two different leagues and I can say that this here [in England] is really difficult. Ask Pep and he will say the same, by the way!

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2017/04/28/59036942268e3e46608b459e.html

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Klopp says it'd be harder for Barça & other Spanish teams to win Premier League than become La Liga champions.

From his interview that Marca published from yesterday.
Hmmm and not one Premiership team would finish in top 3 in La Liga let alone win it.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
No he is not. Liverpool was a mid table team when Klopp started. He almost won them the EL and they are a CL team now.
But I also think that many will be disappointed after this season. Liverpool's defense is too weak to win big.

khaled_a_d

Klopp is very good coach, but he is a bit overrated tbf. He is also kind of stubborn coach which is never good

Jenks

It's one thing to have a dodgy defence, it's another to claim that everyone is exaggerating the problem. There's no wonder there's not much progress at the back if Klopp doesn't think it's a big deal.

No he is not. Liverpool was a mid table team when Klopp started. He almost won them the EL and they are a CL team now.
But I also think that many will be disappointed after this season. Liverpool's defense is too weak to win big.

And Rodgers nearly won them the Premier League, and also had them in the Champions League.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I did not say a word about Rodgers. He had his successful years. But when he left Gerrard and Sterling did to and Sturridge never had another injury free season like he did in 13/14. Suarez was already gone at that time and it showed in 14/15.
Rodgers failed to invest in the right players after Suarez' departure and did not manage to stabilize a team that almost won the title. That is why I would consider Klopp taking over a midtable instead of a top team.

I do not disagree that it is Klopp's fault that the defense is so weak btw. The term "most overrated manager" bothered me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Klopp is stubborn, that's it.

He wanted one CB only and had no alternatives.

If he continues like this his Rock n Roll football is gonna end up like his last season at Dortmund.

He used 40m on trash in the Ox. Should be no excuses.

Last edited:
FRAUD
R
A
U
D

The only reason he hasn't been sacked is because of his name and reputation. I don't care if the defensive players he has are bad, there is no reason for them to be conceding this much. There is something extremely wrong with his tactics when all the big teams are thrashing his club.

Home of Barca Fans