FC Barcelona Total Net Spending 2016-17

Rate the transfer window (0 is worst and 10 is best)

• Total voters

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I give it a 9. What stopped me making it maybe a 10 is not signing a right back. But we got rid of deadwood and brought in some young talent.

PhilS

That's a real strong 22 players for this year's squad. The only one who I'd say just is not Barca quality is Masip, but who cares about #3 keeper? Compared to last year, the rotations should be stronger at every position except for RB and keeper. As usual, there are too many midfielders. But this midfielder pool has provided Masch to become starting CB, S. Roberto to become starting RB, and it looks like Arda to become excellent backup at forward.

There will be serious competition for playing time, almost every player is of the caliber to expect to be on the field most of the time. Personally, I don't care if they come from La Masia or not, I just want Lucho to have the talent at his disposal to always be able to field very strong lineups.

desoe

I gave it a 9. I'm happy that we added a solid depth to the squad and I'm happy that we already have a solid back-up striker like Alcacer. This kind of depth could win you the league in more critical times.

I gave it a 9, because I think we could have got a better replacement for Bravo, especially when Diego Alves was an option. Digne, Umtiti, Denis and Paco are all great signings, not just because their abilities, but also because of age. This was a great summer in this regard - refreshing the squad with younger players. Great job. I'm not mentioning Andre Gomes, because I expect some problems with him in regards to playing time. It's absolutely impossible for him to break Iniesta and Rakitic's dominance in midfield and he still have to fight with Denis and Rafinha for every other minute left. And I think Lucho really likes Denis. For Rafinha we all know it already. Call me pessimistic, but I think Gomes could leave the team next summer. He doesn't hold the reputation of a back-up player, he would easily have a lot of other options to be a starter somewhere else.

But, yeah - for me the cherry on the top this summer was Alcacer. I'm a big fan of the idea to have a profilic striker as back-up, because this could save your ass big time when everyone else is having a bad day. Digne, Umtiti, Denis and Gomes added depth and they are all young. A great summer for me.

BarçaBarça

9 from me. Good competition all the way around, and not just backup-players but potential starters for the future. In that respect the deals has been quite all right financially as well.
No buyback in the Munir-deal, and no Vidal-replacement is bad, but overall it has been a very good window.

Rithik

We didn't need to spend 60m on 2 players of not that much caliber. Instead just promote la masia players.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
8 because of the crap fees we got for our sales but overall a good window, solid back ups bought and deadwood gone

raminho

Great transfer window all in all. Just a little bit disappointed by Andre Gomes and Paco's fees but I guess it's modern football.
Otherwise, fresh, new blood is welcome. Along with exciting new challenges for the likes of Denis, Sergi Roberto, MAtS, Umtiti...
So it's '8' for me.

Professor Chaos

9/10

We got rid of Douglas, Verma and other weaklings. Bought good, young players. Only Cillessen is a little disappointment. If we had bought D. Alves instead of him, I would give 10/10.

LeeRomeno

First impression is 9, of course we will never know once season ends, but on paper all sales make sense, all purchases make sense and squad looks so much stronger compared to last year (except for goalkeeping section, but we will see), especially for bench, but as i believe our short bench was main reason for the end of season collapse, that was the main thing that needed focus on transfermarket.
Also all players we got seem to have great resell value even incase they dont work out, so financially it makes sense as well.
Still not happy with letting Bravo go, but as it was his call, i guess we cannot complain.

Bezmontutu

i think the signings will change the barca code or style, if I was Luis I would have opted for a Andre Gomes loan to a club with similar style of play such as (dear I say) Arsenal or Man-city (with a serious clauses). I feel he isn't quite ready for the Inesta role, Denis was for me the wrong signing for the first team and could have loaned him as well. I would have looked at players such as "Samu" Castillejo who I feel has that Barca DNA for the Inesta role and also look at getting Hakan Chalanoglu as a future contingency for Ivan. Umtiti I feel was an average but good signing. And the whole Dani Alves thing *sigh I felt that we needed a serious right-back and Segri though a good player lacks in somethings, there where good players even one of our own being Douglous who I feel was his time to shine, but others such as Chambers or even Dinge himself would have been a good choice for the position. You see there was nothing wrong with the squad just the Dani Alves Incident, and maybe add a new centre back here and there but all was good. Sadly I ain't no Luis.

Home of Barca Fans