Alcacer Signs!

amircule

FC Barcelona’s latest signing Paco Alcácer, previously at Valencia CF, comes on a five year contract. FC Barcelona will pay Valencia 30 million plus 2 million in variables for the 23 year old player.
The buy-out clause in Alcácer’s contract is set at 100 million euros. The striker has passed his medical and has now signed a contract with FC Barcelona, will be presented once he returns from international duty with the Spanish national team after having joined up with the squad on Monday.
Goals guaranteed

The striker born in Torrent, Valencia in 1993, has always stood out for goalscoring ability. Alcácer has played 146 matches in two spells at Valencia and a season on loan at Getafe. After making his debut for ‘los ché’ in 2010/11, he spent 2012/13 at the Madrid club, playing 23 matches and scoring four goals. He returned to Valencia and reached a total of 43 goals in all competitions after two more seasons with his local club.
He made his international debut on 4 September 2014 for the Spanish national team under the stewardship of Vicente del Bosque in a friendly against France. Up until now the new Barça striker has made 13 appearances for Spain, scoring six goals in that time.
Alcácer becomes the first striker signed this summer by Luis Enrique’s team following defenders Samuel Umtiti and Lucas Digne, midfielders André Gomes and Denis Suárez and goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen to Camp Nou

SOURCE

Last edited:

serghei

Great. It doesn't get any better than Alcacer for a 2nd striker. But we need to give him minutes.

Pablo Escobar

We certainly can offer him minutes, but as usual, I won't expect much from him in his first 6 months, lets give him some time.

impeh

Hi, its me..
CrHS_V-WIAAF2g2.jpg

Asylum15

He'll give us a mixture of attributes. He's deceptively fast, has good close control, likes to play in tight spaces, and has game intelligence. He is opportunistic, and can score a goal from nothing, but also play a killer pass at times.

He's an enormous upgrade on Munir. We have a great squad now.

serghei

He can be a target man just like Suarez. He is the perfect Suarez sub. Will fight defenders, and will keep the ball very well, and he can do it even under severe marking.
[youtube]JQGi2mr6aYg[/youtube]

Just watch Santi Mina's goal from the 1-1 game in Valencia. Munir can't do this type of thing, this type of hold up play, and he'll never do it I think. Not that kind of player. You give the ball to Alcacer under heavy marking, and he's just quick and skillfull enough to keep it, fool both defenders with some quick touches, and just lay it off perfectly for the guy comming in on full speed. This goal is some of the best no9 work I've seen from a team playing against us last season.

Atletico should have signed Alcacer instead of Gameiro. Happy we didn't get Gameiro and got Paco instead.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

I've never heard of him before.

What player is he similar to?

Some people in Spain have been comparing him with the great Raul. And even though he's miles off at the moment, that should give you an idea about his playing style and (potential) quality. He's similar to Suarez in terms of being able to score from nothing, so he's kinda the perfect alternative/understudy to have in the ST position. Great, great signing, like all of our purchases this summer really! And we got them all (half the future lineup) for the same price that United paid for Pogba alone. :lol: :cheers:

This summer was the perfect example of all what we managed to get and improve, now that we've (rightly so) declined to go after Pogba. :thumbsup: On the other hand we also managed to get rid of all the deadwood from last season, even Douglas, which i didn't think was possible. And we managed to send Samper and Munir out on loan (which is the best possible solution for them right now) to teams, where they should get loads of playing time to improve drastically and be ready for a future return home. And last, but not least: yes we did sell Halilovič, but we're retaining the buy-back clause just in case the kid turns out great as well. Big shoutout to Robert Fernandez for making all of this this happen! :worthy:

Last edited:

PhilS

I agree, gregorrin10, Barca not getting Pogba was probably the best thing that happened this transfer window. Barca has made 2 mega-signings in three years. Both Neymar and Suarez have fit in incredibly well. No other mega-signings, by any club, have been as successful in recent years (do you have to go all the way back to CR7 joining RM?). The prospect of adding Pogba was mouth-watering, but not at one of the highest prices ever paid for any player. For Barca, no matter what the talent level, the fit has to be right, and Pogba was probably smart to go to a more normal type of team.

At the prices Barca has paid for this year's adds, the team can afford to have some of them work out, and some to have limited stays with the club. Looks like a very fine new batch at this early stage.

Home of Barca Fans