Paco Alcácer - yes or no?

Are you happy with us likely signing Paco?

• Total voters

Trickykid

He's looking more or less a done deal by now, and the board has made it public that he's the only option for us. So it's basically Paco or noone, except that Munir going on loan seems close to being official, meaning Paco will nearly certainly go official any day now.

What's the Barcaforum gut feeling about this likely happening?

Trickykid

I really like the idea of someone like Paco. He's young but still an established top flight striker, that we're allowed to have fairly high expectations for.
I don't know him well enough to judge if he's worth those rumored 30-35m euros, but if there's just a slight chance that he could be Suarez' successor, he'll be worth a punt.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
My gut feeling is that Paco won't be that big (atleast for us) but he has all the credentials to prove me wrong - 22 years old Spanish striker and club Captain for Valencia who has left quite a mark in his appearances for the NT.

But I'm confident over Munir if he gets a few seasons under his belt. I love his style and his confidence. And he's our own graduate.

This "swap" should be beneficial mostly for Munir. But if Paco and Munir both come good, we'll have a decent selection of strikers after Luis regresses.

hulinat

nahh he would have to go thru tremondous physical and mental changes to ever make it in here. no confidence.

Vilarrubi

The aim for him personally would to try and break into the first team and take Suarez's place as Suarez gets older, that's great motivation for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think he's that better than Munir.

Plus, it sends a wrong message to kids. Work hard, be loyal, show promise.. And you're not even gonna be a backup. Loan is your goal.

Antimadridista1

I trust Lucho on this.
Valencia play differently... We'll have to see how he adapts to our game. He has a lot of potential and will learn a lot will the likes of Suarez and Messi.

Yes.

Pepe Silvia

Yeah, I trust Lucho on this.

Plus, Munir has had exactly one pre season of solid games. Before that, let's be real he's been pretty much a flop. His hard work has changed our hearts a bit this preseason but let's not act like he's shown anything to keep him before then.

BarçaBarça

I think he is all we can hope for in a back-up 9. I like that he is young rather than a oldie who we would have to replace at the same time as Suarez.

Valencia has been quite a mess both on and off the pitch, and here he would at least meet some certainty in the defined playing-style and less chaos in terms of players in and out. IMO he has already proved much more than Munir, but if he has reached peak-level the price is too high. Therefore I think we bet that he will do better here, than at Valencia (which would make him worth the money). Nothing is 100% certain, but the conditions for him to be a success are all here.

If Munir is part of the deal and ends up at Valencia, the whole thing becomes somewhat bittersweet, as Valencia clearly isn't an optimal place to develop right now. I certainly agree that we shouldn't trash La Masia-products, but loaning Munir out wouldn't be bad for him - if he goes to Celta e.g.. Valencia makes me doubt a little more, but all in all I'm still in favour of the deal.

dakt

I'm not sure. Like Bojan said, we had Munir picking up momentum and now we he's off.
Then again, we create so many chances that we don't concede that bringing in pure striker does make sense, especially in possible rotating system that brought as a treble two seasons ago and we seen how badly
we needed to have quality bench during the second half of the last season.

I'll say NO, mostly because I don't agree with Munir leaving.

dakt

Yep...after yesterday's match, I'm more sure what I wrote up there, really is the case. :)

Home of Barca Fans