Europa League 2016/17

vlad

Great debut season by Pogba, especially considering the mess United is ATM. Will only get better too.

he was laughing stock for most of the season, dont get why do you think he had a good season for a player who cost 100m, pretty low standards you have here i think

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Great debut season by Pogba, especially considering the mess United is ATM. Will only get better too.

Really isn't, his influence and impact is underwhelming for a player of his supposed quality. Even today against one of, if not the most, inexperienced side in the history of Europa or CL he's had 3-4 bad giveaways in the past 10 minutes alone. The goal is nothing impressive, not even to his credit really.

serghei

Some interesting players in this Ajax side. They may be inexperienced, but most of them have talent to spare.

cro-man

manu can defend but thats it as it seems:lol: too much respect from other clubs though.... still its over for ajax as it seems....

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Sanchez is terrible on the ball in this game.

Made some mistakes, but the responsibility he takes on in buildup is fairly unique for a CB (especially outside of Barca). He's the deep lying ball player that drives up and plays the first pass through lines to start moves. Not common to find a CB that can have such an impact on the identity of a team and how they build forward.

Edit: After the first half, Davinson was the player with by far the most touches on the pitch. Goes to show how much his presence can be felt in the game.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
he was laughing stock for most of the season, dont get why do you think he had a good season for a player who cost 100m, pretty low standards you have here i think

Well, that's what you got to pay for a hyped player these days. What did we get from most of our expensive signings this season? Exactly, close to nothing and certainly much less than United got from Pogba. Also got to remember that United paid a lot of that money for his crazy potential, and this is just his first season. Considering Mou's tactics, I think he has been more than decent. Rate him higher than all of our midfielders bar Busi right now. At least he got the balls to try some hard passes that only Messi does for us these days. My opinion, tho.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Well, that's what you got to pay for a hyped player these days. What did we get from most of our expensive signings this season? Exactly, close to nothing and certainly much less than United got from Pogba. Also got to remember that United paid a lot of that money for his crazy potential, and this is just his first season. Considering Mou's tactics, I think he has been more than decent. My opinion, tho.

None of that is relevant to Pogba who for his fee had a poor season and needs to be better.

To say he had a 'great season' is just completely wrong.

Home of Barca Fans