Principle of agreement with ManCity for Bravo

mazp

I would love to see the reactions when Pep tries for likes of Neymar next season..should be interesting.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I would love to see the reactions when Pep tries for likes of Neymar next season..should be interesting.
This. Because it will happen. I remember specifically Pep stating that he would not take Barca players and what does he do take Thiago and now Claudio. A bit disappointed at Pep. He's not some iron clad person above criticism either. Call it like I see it.

Pep said he wouldn't try to convince players to leave, not that he wouldn't approach them if they're open for a move.

Thiago was clearly snubbed by the board who intentionally allowed for his clause to drop to facilitate a sale.

Bravo's case is much grayer, granted, but let's wait for Bravo's and Lucho's take on it. In any case, it seems impossible to rotate two high profile GKs for more than two seasons and one of them was bound to leave.

JamDav1982

Pep said he wouldn't try to convince players to leave, not that he wouldn't approach them if they're open for a move.

Thiago was clearly snubbed by the board who intentionally allowed for his clause to drop to facilitate a sale.

Bravo's case is much grayer, granted, but let's wait for Bravo's and Lucho's take on it. In any case, it seems impossible to rotate two high profile GKs for more than two seasons and one of them was bound to leave.

How does Pep know who is open to a move before speaking to them? So basically Pep wont speak to any player that refuses to speak to him...thats very good of him.

Of course he tried to persuade Bravo and Ter Stegen to leave it wasnt some kind of soft approach once he found out they might be open to move.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If it rains in our next match, one gets the impression Bojan is going to blame Pep for it

It's staggering really how many culers can be bitter to one of the most vital legends of the club who would never do anything to harm his boyhood club, but there it is - can't please everyone. Some of us just love to tear down even our heroes

What cloud are you living on?

He just did hurt Barca by going after Barca player that Lucho wanted to keep.

God Serena

This. Because it will happen. I remember specifically Pep stating that he would not take Barca players and what does he do take Thiago and now Claudio. A bit disappointed at Pep. He's not some iron clad person above criticism either. Call it like I see it.

If Thiago didn't go to Bayern he'd have gone somewhere else. The board wanted him gone and made sure to drop his release clause just to sell him and the player himself along with his father were desperate to get out. You're more upset about Pep leaving than taking Thiago.

Claudio turned down a contract renewal and clearly wasn't happy with sharing his role. Maybe he'd have stayed with the club another season if he didn't go to City, maybe not. It's kind of hard to say when a player is already unhappy and refusing to renew.

JamDav1982

If Thiago didn't go to Bayern he'd have gone somewhere else. The board wanted him gone and made sure to drop his release clause just to sell him and the player himself along with his father were desperate to get out. You're more upset about Pep leaving than taking Thiago.

Claudio turned down a contract renewal and clearly wasn't happy with sharing his role. Maybe he'd have stayed with the club another season if he didn't go to City, maybe not. It's kind of hard to say when a player is already unhappy and refusing to renew.

Bravo never turned down the new contract and them decided on speaking to Man City.

City approached Bravo when they were discussing it.

This idea that Bravo decided to leave and Pep then started talking isnt accurate.

serghei

Pep defends the interests of Manchester City now, he doesn't really care about Barca when it interferes with his and his club's plans. It's unprofessional from him if he does. He doesn't think "oh, but Barca wouldn't like it if I snatch one of their two great goallies, I should look elswhere". He needed a great keeper and he got one, end of. This is stricly business, nothing else.

We don't need Pep to look out for us anyway, Lucho and Robert are pretty good at that it seems.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

As a matter of principle as a 'cule' it would've been good had Pep just treated Barca players as off limits. Maybe it's a bit emotional but if he did have Barca organization at heart, he'd think that way.

JamDav1982

As a matter of principle as a 'cule' it would've been good had Pep just treated Barca players as off limits. Maybe it's a bit emotional but if he did have Barca organization at heart, he'd think that way.

I dont even think he has to it juts pisses me off when people think he does treat Barca different or is a huge fan.

Pep acts like a dick in a lot of ways and people claim you cant point it out as he is 'worlds greatest cule'.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Pep like any manager wants the world's best in his team...if that means signing them from us...then he will try.

serghei

What about the basic principle that you are morally and legally obligated to look after the interests of whoever pays your salary? He isn't being paid a shit load of money to be "a true cule".

mazp

It also wouldn't surprise me if Pep, Txiki, and Soriano would try to stick it to the current board and Barto as much as possible.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
His priority is Man City and making them a better team. That doesn't make him any less of a cule. His reactions when he watched us against City two years ago show that he'll always be a cule :)

Home of Barca Fans