Jasper Cillessen

gregorrin10

,, Valencia will pay FC Barcelona €35m."

Is this actually real ?

If only. Don't believe it. But If this is actually true and we get Neto for 20M or less, only then this swap is acceptable to me, otherwise we are getting screwed here.

Unless we plan on going after Gaya this summer (which wouldn't be the worse news) and this plays some part in his transfer being cheaper somehow.

abbbs97

We'll probably pay back the 35m for Neto. Will be official tomorrow as per reports.
Another stupid transfer. Paying 35m for Neto... :facepalm: and yes I know its just to balance the books but we made no profit from this whatsoever. We could've sold Jasper for less and still made a profit and just used Pena as back up, but instead we do a straight swap that doesnt benefit us whatsoever.

Porque

A very transparent case of a manipulation of the books which could backfire in regards to FFP. I am sure the lawyers of Barcelona and Valencia have this airtight in Spanish law (well after Neymar maybe not) but will FFP allow for this gaming the system?

It is basically saying that if a club needs to show a surplus of x amount, that two clubs can do a vary obvious trade in 2 phases. Need to show +200m in your 3 year phase? No problem, we will sign Rodrigo for 200m and tomorrow you can buy Suarez for 220m.

An exaggeration, but you see the slippery slope we could be setting. I don't like this deal, and for that reason I am out. Get the reference and you get a cookie.

MTL_Barca

Don't like the swap deal and that "balancing the books" this way is necessary isn't a good sign imo.

Best of luck to Cillessen though, Valencia is a good club and he deserves to be a starter.

Messi983

A very transparent case of a manipulation of the books which could backfire in regards to FFP. I am sure the lawyers of Barcelona and Valencia have this airtight in Spanish law (well after Neymar maybe not) but will FFP allow for this gaming the system?

It is basically saying that if a club needs to show a surplus of x amount, that two clubs can do a vary obvious trade in 2 phases. Need to show +200m in your 3 year phase? No problem, we will sign Rodrigo for 200m and tomorrow you can buy Suarez for 220m.

An exaggeration, but you see the slippery slope we could be setting. I don't like this deal, and for that reason I am out. Get the reference and you get a cookie.

FFP is a joke anyway so who cares if we are manipulating it. Like other clubs are not doing the same.

Home of Barca Fans