Jasper Cillessen

malvolio

Dawg, how have we done in the CL since MAtS became our #1? check his track record.

MAtS is the GK version of Suarez. Good enough to perform in the league but gets completely exposed in the CL.

He had a very good performance vs Bayern, when we won the CL(pulled off the save of the tournament in the return leg).

You like to act like a buffon on here, but it's getting tiresome

Devils

He had a very good performance vs Bayern, when we won the CL(pulled off the save of the tournament in the return leg).

You like to act like a buffon on here, but it's getting tiresome

giphy.gif

I said since he was our #1, he wasn't our #1 back then, that was years ago. We also had a better keeper in Bravo as our #1.

What's getting tiresome is fools on here not acknowledging that we've been humiliated in the CL for years now with MAtS, Roberto, Pique, Alba, Busi, Suarez as starters in all those matches.

MAtS has been just as trash as the rest of them.

malvolio

I said since he was our #1, he wasn't our #1 back then, that was years ago. We also had a better keeper in Bravo as our #1.

What's getting tiresome is fools on here not acknowledging that we've been humiliated in the CL for years now with MAtS, Roberto, Pique, Alba, Busi, Suarez as starters in all those matches.

MAtS has been just as trash as the rest of them.

The point stands. You said the we are shite in CL due to MAtS being in goal. We actually won a CL with him in goal. So which one is it, buffoon?

KingLeo10

What a fucking shitshow. But according to Khaled it's all about that "human" factor and strengthening the relationship with La Liga clubs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gotta keep things tight with Valencia so we can buy more of the likes of Andre 'Frank Rijkaard' Gomes off their hands.

:lol:

Devils

The point stands. You said the we are shite in CL due to MAtS being in goal. We actually won a CL with him in goal. So which one is it, buffoon?

He's shit.

0-4 Paris
0-3 Juve
0-3 Roma
0-4 Liverpool

14 goals conceded in 4 away CL elimination matches over the past 3 years. Okay he had one good match vs Bayern in 2015...yet we still lost that match with him in goal. :lol:

And people question why this guy can't get a start over a near crippled Neuer for Germany.

He's trash. Get it through your head.

No top keeper would have those stats. Most mid-table level keepers wouldn't even have those stats.

Lmao.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

He's shit.

0-4 Paris
0-3 Juve
0-3 Roma
0-4 Liverpool

14 goals conceded in 4 away CL elimination matches over the past 3 years. Okay he had one good match vs Bayern in 2015...yet we still lost that match with him in goal. :lol:

And people question why this guy can't get a start over a near crippled Neuer for Germany.

He's trash. Get it through your head.

No top keeper would have those stats. Most mid-table level keepers wouldn't even have those stats.

Lmao.

How many goals were his fault ? 1 or 2. He is one of the best around. Stats don't show the full picture

Devils

How many goals were his fault ? 1 or 2. He is one of the best around. Stats don't show the full picture

[youtube]B7s54KvwzaQ[/youtube]

First goal: unstoppable
second goal: should have stopped he actually moved his hand out of the way that allowed the ball to pass him
Third goal: not impossible but difficult to stop
Fourth goal: Beaten at the near post and amateurish stopping technique.

2/4 he should have stopped

[youtube]xkqhAzHUx68[/youtube]

First goal: Difficult to stop
Second goal: Easily beaten at the near post AGAIN. Terrible goalkeeping
Third goal: Unstoppable

1/3 he should have stopped

[youtube]B4OivXujbGM[/youtube]

First goal: Turtle reaction speed from MAtS
Second goal: Penalty so it's a free pass
Third goal: Poor movement and reading of the play leaves him in no man's land again. If he stayed in position he would have been able to stop the shot.

2/3 he should have stopped

[youtube]R2JvknG2F9c[/youtube]

First goal: Give him the pass
Second goal: Comedic goalkeeping, should have stopped it.
Third goal: Give him the pass
Fourth goal: Comedic goal keeping again. He wasn't even watching the ball coming in.

2/4 he should have stopped.

Overall for me, 7/14 of those goals should have been stopped by a top keeper. I would bet my life on it that any top keeper from recent times i.e. Keylor, Alisson, Oblak etc.. would have stopped 5-6 of those 7 goals with ease.

So 50% of the goals we've conceded in the past 3 years of humiliating CL defeats were down to poor/mediocre goalkeeping.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans