Jasper Cillessen

abbbs97

Would people prefer to sell JC to Benfica for 12M and buy someone like Pau Lopez for 20M instead of this deal?

Neither. Sell Cillessen for 20m+ (there are clubs willing to pay this) and promote Pena. Less wages, more money. Better solution for Barca.
Instead, this is a much better deal for Valencia. They get a superior player + they get to balance their books which is why they agreed to this deal.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Meanwhile Real is about to sell Raul de Tomas for 20 mil to Benfica. The same suspects that were defending the Prince Boateng deal are now defending this garbage deal , which should come as no surprise.

Arizona Scott

I don't have a strong opinion on this one but Neto is #2 in save % and #4 in goals allowed per 90 minutes in La Liga (I don't easily see distribution statistics, accuracy, etc). Is is it possible he could be no worse than equal to JC, and maybe better? Find it a little odd Neto would want to go from a starter on a CL team to back-up. But maybe he wants to win trophies and watch Messi day to day;) while JC is doing the reverse.

I don't see the big deal in the swap, and if it greases the wheels for Denis, I can understand it more. Rafinha I am more OK to keep around because if he can ever stay healthy he can be an OK bench player for Barca and 2nd maybe enhance his value for a transfer. As it is his fee is lower coming off an injury.

George_Costanza

[tw]1140978973566001152[/tw]

Goalkeeper Neto changed agents a few months ago. This operation with Barca is being managed by Kia, the same agent of Coutinho, the friendship with the club helped advance all the management

serghei

It is an odd swap. Why would Neto accept to be a bench warmer at Barcelona? With Copa format changing he'll play maybe 7-8 official games if he's lucky.

malvolio

It is an odd swap. Why would Neto accept to be a bench warmer at Barcelona? With Copa format changing he'll play maybe 7-8 official games if he's lucky.

It would be the peak of his career. More money + likely getting a liga/cdr winner medal. He would be living in the same area too, so not much to sacrifice for him.

All in all I don't see why this woul be a bad deal for us. We get a proven la liga gk as backup and some money. Suddenly people forgot about how well we did in the last years with having a good backup gk. No time for experiments if the la masia kid is not ready yet, better that we loan him out for experience.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

It would be the peak of his career. More money + likely getting a liga/cdr winner medal. He would be living in the same area too, so not much to sacrifice for him.

All in all I don't see why this woul be a bad deal for us. We get a proven la liga gk as backup and some money. Suddenly people forgot about how well we did in the last years with having a good backup gk. No time for experiments if the la masia kid is not ready yet, better that we loan him out for experience.

I agree. It all seems to boil down to Neto wanting to be a back-up for Barca while JC preferring to start on a less ambitious club. Different strokes for different folks but they key thing for the Barca perspective is having a back-up goal keeper who relishes that role--excited to play Copa matches and ready in case anything unfortunate happens to MATS.

Home of Barca Fans