Jasper Cillessen

khaled_a_d

Few years ago we seemed to have a strong relation with Spanish teams tbh, much stronger than they had with RM.
But last couple of years it doesn't seem that way, we need to get that back. I don't mind helping them.

Regarding Neto for Jasper, we are clearly in the losing end of it.
That said, we have to consider the "human factor" in the deal.
Jasper has been a good servant for the club for 3 years. A world class GK in his prime years playing as back up. Didn't cause a single problem, didn't complain once. On contrary he has been a solid locker room presence. Helping new players, or convincing other Dutch players to join.
Sometimes it is acceptable to make a favor for a player like him.
Valencia will offer him a starting spot in big league and playing in CL while in Spain.
The club might be willing to help him rather than shopping him for 3 months with no insurance we will get the offer we want

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Look where the "human factor" fucking got us. A club should be run as a business and not a charity house. You need to be ruthless , or else you create entitled dickheads who refuse to leave.

Rumoured straight swap is a horrible deal.

FCBfan22

Look where the "human factor" fucking got us. A club should be run as a business and not a charity house. You need to be ruthless , or else you create entitled dickheads who refuse to leave.

Rumoured straight swap is a horrible deal.

True. IMO, we should be getting cca 35-40 million for Jasper from EPL. Instead we are doing some kind of swap :facepalm: .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Few years ago we seemed to have a strong relation with Spanish teams tbh, much stronger than they had with RM.
But last couple of years it doesn't seem that way, we need to get that back. I don't mind helping them.

Regarding Neto for Jasper, we are clearly in the losing end of it.
That said, we have to consider the "human factor" in the deal.
Jasper has been a good servant for the club for 3 years. A world class GK in his prime years playing as back up. Didn't cause a single problem, didn't complain once. On contrary he has been a solid locker room presence. Helping new players, or convincing other Dutch players to join.
Sometimes it is acceptable to make a favor for a player like him.
Valencia will offer him a starting spot in big league and playing in CL while in Spain.
The club might be willing to help him rather than shopping him for 3 months with no insurance we will get the offer we want

I don't mind helping other clubs and the human factor is great and all that, however it can't be done at our expense. IF it is a direct swap we are getting a worse keeper AND zero net gain and zero reduction in cost (unless Neto's new increased salary is less than Cillessen's current salary). Again, if this is done to get them open their checkbook to buy Denis, Rafinha for a lot of money it is slightly better but still. The bottom line is if we are going to use Neto as the backup keeper in case Ter Stegen is injured and start him in CdR games, he is not good enough to be up to the challenge.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
^
I think we have a good chance because they need, I believe, around 30m and they have not received offers for their players just yet.

+ Neto wanted more $$$ to renew his contract and that is why they want to sell him. I think we can get a lot out of this deal.

Helping them to balance their budget + Giving them a much better GK and two quality players.

[tw]1140622728434737152[/tw]

I don't know what to say any more about this club. So inept.

FC433

We are not helping them because we are nice. They will not be able to buy Rafinha or DS or both of them without first balancing their budget. We are kind of helping ourselves.

FC433

I think 100% they will buy JC and I believe there is a very good chance that they are going to buy either Rafinha or DS. Maybe for 15m to 20m.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I think 100% they will buy JC and I believe there is a very good chance that they are going to buy either Rafinha or DS. Maybe for 15m to 20m.

Here is the thing they are throwing away 30m so that they can recoup 15-20 mil for Rafinha and Denis that they can potentially get from somewhere else. Its honestly a horrible deal no matter how you look at it.

FC433

^
exactly. If the final deal is only JC and DS for 20m + Neto that would be a very poor deal for us because we could sell both DS and JS for easily 30m and promote Pena. I am hoping it is more than that though, but we have to wait and see before we judge.

xXKonan

When I have seen this rumor, I was appalled just how bad of a deal it really is on our part.

Neto is decent but come on really? for all the talk of the club wanting to make a decent amount of money in player sales why would you even entertain the idea of a straight-up swap deal. Should just straight up get the money and invest it into a much cheaper replacement or just use Pena to back Ter Stegen up and use the money elsewhere.

abbbs97

omg this club's decisions keep getting stupider and stupider every day.

why the fuck aren't we cashing in on him since we apparently need the money for transfers? Why not just promote Pena instead of wasting money on wages for a player who will barely play any minutes? we can easily get 30m+ from any other club :facepalm:

khaled_a_d

I don't mind helping other clubs and the human factor is great and all that, however it can't be done at our expense. IF it is a direct swap we are getting a worse keeper AND zero net gain and zero reduction in cost (unless Neto's new increased salary is less than Cillessen's current salary).

How much do you think we can get for Jasper in the market?
In past decade and half the most expensive GKs that was 27 or older was Samir Handanović who cost 19M, and after him Bravo (only one that over 30) with 18
Both of them were starting GKs.
Jasper is a 30 years old GK, who player only in Ajax and then as Barca back up GK who played 32 games in past 3 years.
The market for him is bad, I don't get how people expect a 30M for him. a 20M for us would be a steal for his market value.
He is one of those whose talent is bigger than his value, but that is what you get when your GK is old and doesn't play.
Neto is a starting GK in a team that plays in CL, I won't be surprised if he ends up costing more if both teams sell them for EPL clubs.

Every summer we hear about all those great sales, great offers that we decline because we want more, and then we have a reality check when we loan him with buyout option less than the previously rumored fee.
Same story every time and we fans fall for it every time and get disappointed every time.
Jasper value is just not that high, he is closer to a 15M not 30M

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How much do you think we can get for Jasper in the market?
In past decade and half the most expensive GKs that was 27 or older was Samir Handanović who cost 19M, and after him Bravo (only one that over 30) with 18
Both of them were starting GKs.
Jasper is a 30 years old GK, who player only in Ajax and then as Barca back up GK who played 32 games in past 3 years.
The market for him is bad, I don't get how people expect a 30M for him. a 20M for us would be a steal for his market value.
He is one of those whose talent is bigger than his value, but that is what you get when your GK is old and doesn't play.
Neto is a starting GK in a team that plays in CL, I won't be surprised if he ends up costing more if both teams sell them for EPL clubs.

Every summer we hear about all those great sales, great offers that we decline because we want more, and then we have a reality check when we loan him with buyout option less than the previously rumored fee.
Same story every time and we fans fall for it every time and get disappointed every time.
Jasper value is just not that high, he is closer to a 15M not 30M

I am not asking for more money for Cillessen, I am asking for a direct sale, whether it is 15m or 20m or 30m. We need cash to buy players. Getting Neto doesn't make sense. I'd rather promote Inaki Pena.

khaled_a_d

I am not asking for more money for Cillessen, I am asking for a direct sale, whether it is 15m or 20m or 30m. We need cash to buy players. Getting Neto doesn't make sense. I'd rather promote Inaki Pena.

Neto is very good GK, and we have been lucky to have a good back up GK for sometime and we have taken that for granted
I like Pena, and would not have mind promoting him. But tbh it he is neither ready for 1st team football, nor it is the best move for his development.

Home of Barca Fans