Jasper Cillessen

God Serena

The dude has seen close to zero gametime, while gametime is very important for a goalkeeper. Cillessen will only perform slightly less than Ter Stegen, if you play him a whole season.

Your comment says more about your football-mind than it does about Cillissen's skills.
One would expect better from someone with almost 6k posts.

When it was Mats playing only cup games he got butchered on this forum relentlessly over minor mistakes much less severe than that of Cillessen last weekend and even had his forum name changed. But now that he's the one starting it's "But... game time!" Give me a break.

And no, he is not slightly worse than Mats... that's where guys like de Gea and Navas and the like go. Cillessen is nowhere near him, on both a shotstopping and a distributive level, and that's even with a whole season of play.

God Serena

i am 100% sure if Cillessan was the one playing against liverpool and he let in those 4 goals u would be the first one here skinning him alive and saying if it was your beloved ter in goal he would have at least saved 2 goals!! yet here u are skinning him for a meaningless game and he had close to zero min of play time!?

Contrary to what you may believe, I don't have anything against Cillessen at all. I'm just pointing out that it's obvious why he wasn't for a moment able to compete for the starting spot.

VN10

When it was Mats playing only cup games he got butchered on this forum relentlessly over minor mistakes much less severe than that of Cillessen last weekend and even had his forum name changed. But now that he's the one starting it's "But... game time!" Give me a break.

And no, he is not slightly worse than Mats... that's where guys like de Gea and Navas and the like go. Cillessen is nowhere near him, on both a shotstopping and a distributive level, and that's even with a whole season of play.

Give me a break? I think you really need one yeah, if you are actually believing in this bullshit you wrote.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]1140603539888230400[/tw]

I'd rather we get a first option on Lee Kang-in, the South Korean wunderkind who helped South Korea get the 2nd place in the U20 World Cup and the Golden Ball recipient. Neto is not good enough to be our backup in my opinion. Give it to Inaki Pena, at least give our cantera a chance.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I doubt he'd go for a reasonable price. How much would you pay for him?

I don't know, Cillessen plus some money, I just think we should have taken advantage of the opportunity we have in front of us to work with Valencia to work something out.

But of course we won't, we are FC Short-sightedness after all.

FC433

Then just buy him and put him to the B team for a season.

Real Madrid reportedly wants him too, they are going to turn South Korea into a Madridista nation too if they do.

Valencia B is already doing better than our Barca B. Lee Kang-in said a while ago that he wants more minutes at the first or he is going to leave. I doubt that he would accept our offer, unfortunately.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Valencia B is already doing better than our Barca B. Lee Kang-in said a while ago that he wants more minutes at the first or he is going to leave. I doubt that he would accept our offer, unfortunately.

Yeah. Bummer.

Nevertheless, this swap deal makes no sense to me. We are not getting any net money gain and in my opinion getting a worse goalkeeper. I thought we wanted money to buy players. Are we that retarded?

FC433

^
Barcelona will pay Valencia an amount of money before June 30 for goalkeeper Neto to balance Valencia's sales budget. One day later, on July 1, Valencia will pay Barcelona the exact same amount back for Cillessen. [tribuna deportiva]
https://www.reddit.com/r/Barca/comm..._23/ere7zs7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

I honestly do not mind one bit helping VFC out. I think we should do that only if they are willing to get both DS and Rafinha for 40m. So JS, DS and Rafinha = Neto + 40m

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
^

https://www.reddit.com/r/Barca/comm..._23/ere7zs7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

I honestly do not mind one bit helping VFC out. I think we should do that only if they are willing to get both DS and Rafinha for 40m. So JS, DS and Rafinha = Neto + 40m

I like Valencia a lot but I don't think we should "help" them (they don't need it) unless to your point, if we can get them to commit to spending more money buying those players from us. But I doubt it.

FC433

^
I think we have a good chance because they need, I believe, around 30m and they have not received offers for their players just yet.

+ Neto wanted more $$$ to renew his contract and that is why they want to sell him. I think we can get a lot out of this deal.

Helping them to balance their budget + Giving them a much better GK and two quality players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans