xXKonan

i

Full name: Jacobus Antonius Peter Johannes Cillessen

Date of birth: April 22, 1989 (age 27)

Place of birth: Nijmegen, Netherlands

Height:1.87m (6 ft 2 in)

Playing position: Goalkeeper

Current Club: FC Barcelona

With the Likely departure of Claudio Bravo, Cillessen is a name that popped up and rumors are we have made a bid of 10-12 Million for the Goal Keeper.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not good at all, especially for that price. Also one of the worst penalty savers I have ever seen. Far worse than Oblak, as an example.

Guaporta

Since I'm Dutch and I've followed him (and Ajax) for the last decade, I think I can shed some light on his performances over the last few years. Before he moved to Ajax from NEC, he was considered one of the better goalkeeping talents and was Ajax' second goalkeeper for quite a long time. But after Vermeer transferred to rivals Feyenoord, he really stepped up his game and has been the goalkeeper for the Dutch national squad for a reason. His ball distribution is quite good, can handle pressure from the opponent quite well and performed consistently up until the start of this season. The main reason why most people don't like him is that he's been very poor this season and nearly was responsable for Ajax' knock-out in de Champions League against PAOK. He's trying to play sweeper keeper, but makes a lot of mistakes in his positioning when his trying to intercept the ball out of his area. Besides that, his penalty-record is simply awful; he has never stopped a penalty kick in his entire professional career! So in conclusion; don't expect a world class goalkeeper, but he's a decent back-up for Ter Stegen. Would Diego Alves be better? Hell yes. Would Reina be better? Sure. But is he as awful as some people make him out to be? No. He's decent.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Since I'm Dutch and I've followed him (and Ajax) for the last decade, I think I can shed some light on his performances over the last few years. Before he moved to Ajax from NEC, he was considered one of the better goalkeeping talents and was Ajax' second goalkeeper for quite a long time. But after Vermeer transferred to rivals Feyenoord, he really stepped up his game and has been the goalkeeper for the Dutch national squad for a reason. His ball distribution is quite good, can handle pressure from the opponent quite well and performed consistently up until the start of this season. The main reason why most people don't like him is that he's been very poor this season and nearly was responsable for Ajax' knock-out in de Champions League against PAOK. He's trying to play sweeper keeper, but makes a lot of mistakes in his positioning when his trying to intercept the ball out of his area. Besides that, his penalty-record is simply awful; he has never stopped a penalty kick in his entire professional career! So in conclusion; don't expect a world class goalkeeper, but he's a decent back-up for Ter Stegen. Would Diego Alves be better? Hell yes. Would Reina be better? Sure. But is he as awful as some people make him out to be? No. He's decent.

Fair analysis, I agree. I feel his progress has stalled after the 2014 WC.

Yannik

I'm almost a bit saddened that Barca came out so late in august with the decision to sell Bravo.
Had it been earlier, then you could've still bought Zieler from us for 5m. Would have loved to see him at Barca, even if its the bench.

Yannik

Zieler might not have been a bad choice.

He basically agreed to a secondary role at Leicester behind Schmeichel, theres no doubt he wouldnt have agreed if Barca was to offer him the exact same thing there. Plus only 5m release clause for a former german 2nd nationalkeeper. Also great with his feet, although no MAtS level

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Would seem Unzué lacked some sort of faith/confidence in Diego Alves, shame. Have to say, not impressed if this is the choice - agree with the Dutch fans assessment based on what I've seen of him. Not a poor keeper but not Barcelona level, I'm surprised by this

F

Flavia

Would seem Unzué lacked some sort of faith/confidence in Diego Alves, shame. Have to say, not impressed if this is the choice - agree with the Dutch fans assessment based on what I've seen of him. Not a poor keeper but not Barcelona level, I'm surprised by this

Diego might be asking for high wages. That's what someone from Valencia(I forgot whom) said yesterday. That they're letting him go because he wants a raise, and Valencia can't afford it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Diego might be asking for high wages. That's what someone from Valencia(I forgot whom) said yesterday. That they're letting him go because he wants a raise, and Valencia can't afford it.

Seems odd for a 3rd choice keeper to be in a position to seek higher wages, sounds a bit dodgy tbh

Whatever the case may be, have to figure the coaching staff anticipated this scenario eventually cropping up and already having a list of alternatives. We'll have to see how it shakes out and trust they will scout the best option available

We won't get like for like, Bravo is an elite keeper but that's also why it wasn't probable both were going to stay & continue to rotate. Any replacement would be a step down, just that it would be ideal to get someone with Primera experience but will be able to command the box for Barcelona - without posing a threat to Mats

Not sure how many other credible options in Spain remain, so a Dutch keeper makes sense in some ways

xXKonan

MD says hes already said good bye to his team mates as the move is Imminent.

It's a unsigned article so take it with a grain of salt.

BBZ8800

Papers say Lucho is not pleased with Reina and Diego (not good enough for Barca).

We're paying almost as much as we paid for Bravo? :/

My thoughts exactly.
What is the point then?

It's like selling a starter, Rakitic now, to buy a way weaker (but younger) replacement, for almost the same money.
Either these stories are false or Bravo really wants to leave and the board has no other choice then to buy a crappy (and yet expensive sub) gk, or the board has gone full retard...

Home of Barca Fans