Jasper Cillessen

El Barcelona

Look at him in that gif, he's commanding the defence to cover the winger. Shame Roberto didn't oblige.

I wouldn't be against giving JASPER a run of games at all, I relly don't care if it pisses off MAtS.

We all saw what competition does with him so hell yeah!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Let's be fair. ter Stegen does the same and shouts instructions in fluent Spanish too. That's not the problem for him. The issues is in other areas of his game.
Would have considered if he gives the instructions in Catalan! :p

Messi983

And what has he done so far that makes you think he deserves a chance to compete with MATS for No. 1 GK role? I'm not saying he's bad but he hasn't really shown too much in his limited playing time so far. He'll continue to play in CDR games and then we'll see what happens. That's if he won't get injured again.

Oh, and if MATS would concede that goal yesterday some people would probably say he should saved that. :lol:

Catta

And what has he done so far that makes you think he deserves a chance to compete with MATS for No. 1 GK role? I'm not saying he's bad but he hasn't really shown too much in his limited playing time so far. He'll continue to play in CDR games and then we'll see what happens. That's if he won't get injured again.

Oh, and if MATS would concede that goal yesterday some people would probably say he should saved that. :lol:

And what has MATS done so far that makes you think he deserves to be the undisputed starter

khaled_a_d

On the other hand Jasper is Netherlands no1 GK IIRC,to say he is just a CDR GK is underestimation of his ability and I doubt he came just for that. He surely should play around 10 games from Liga. Otherwise you can say goodbye to him next summer or one after and no one half decent will come and accept such minor role. We were lucky to have a decent back up like Pinto (b4 his decline) accepting such role. Won't happen again soon.

Neeraj

Yeah, seeing how Ter Stegen is performing at this point, I think it would be only fair to give Jasper a chance. MATS has gotten half a season, it's not like he hasn't gotten a good run. The frustrating part is we don't ever seem to make bold decisions like this anymore. Lucho seems to make random calls like benching Rakitic for lesser players or leaving Vidal out of the squad for matches on end...these all seem to be driven by some personal motivation.

When it comes to adaptive changes, I could see many other coaches taking that call; something Lucho has proven he is incapable/unwilling to do. (And i'm not just talking about benching MATS, but making changes to our obviously flawed play)

blastandburn

Am really not fan of the lad but based on that video, I must agree he must be given more chances to prove and improve his self.

Vilarrubi

What I will say about Cillessen is he isn't afraid to just kick the ball up field.. which is a good thing.
There's a few problems with passing it out from the back all the time like Stegen does..

If the other team can press well we put ourselves under pressure which lead to mistakes.

If the other team can defend well and park the bus, passing it out from the back is playing into their hands.

Home of Barca Fans