Jasper Cillessen

Barcilliant

He should be starting. I am sick of Olaf frozen to the spot looking on helplessly as the ball glides into the net from 35 yards.

Galning

He will play Copa and that's totally fine. I really don't want to see him in CL or Liga if it isn't necessary.

Horatio

You're welcome
He is getting exactly what he signed up for.

It's not the best of player management though. He is a good keeper and could have gotten minutes in some games like the one against Eibar at home.
Ter Stegen is 1st choice keeper at this point and deservingly so, but what if he gets injured?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's rare you see 2nd choice GKs getting more than cup games or league games when the title is won.

I would be fine with selling Cillessen if Reina is willing to return home. He'll turn 36 next year and I think Napoli are going to sign a GK to replace him.

Why not come back for a couple of years to be ter Stegen's backup and win some trophies hopefully? Would be a nice career end for him.

Also always been a good influence in the dressing room wherever he's been. Spain, Bayern, Napoli, Liverpool.

xXKonan

I'm not really a fan of this system myself personally. It sets up a dilemma, that we will have to keep buying a GK every 1-2 years because Goalkeepers like Jasper are simply to good to be sitting here and would want to leave to get a better gig elsewhere.

I know the club is afraid of having another Pinto situation but I can't see this system working in the long run. Both Jasper and Mats are good but it's clearly obvious Mats is our number 1. I wouldn't mind having a La Masia GK be our second in command myself. or buying a older veteran for cheap that is willing to sit on the bench like Reina.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Club had an option to sign Keylor Navas for 10m when Valdes got injured.

If something like that happens again, there is always an option to pay the buyout of a GK like that in La Liga, or loan one from the other teams. Someone like Reina would still be very reliable and a great option to have. He's said he want to play for Barca again. Perhaps next summer is the time.

Nothanks

we got ter stegen when Real madrid got navas

i say we got the better end of the deal as real madrid is already looking for navas replacements

Home of Barca Fans