User Tag List

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: 13 - Jasper Cillessen

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    It's not about usage though. But about market value. A player can still retain market value without playing because of development from training sessions with star players.
    But the players Don is referring to that we want to get rid of for free are the likes of Arda, Vidal, etc. Players who have little value because they genuinely suck. Cillessen has more value despite not playing as much, so it only makes sense that we'd want more for him.

I guess my point is, that argument was really stupid.

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    It's almost as if Cillessen actually has a use to the team, while other players don't.

Huh.
    It's almost as if people overreact all the time.

Huh.

Basically what I meant.

60m or nothing for Cillessen is dumb for the reasons I mentioned.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    It's almost as if people overreact all the time.

Huh.

Basically what I meant.

60m or nothing for Cillessen is dumb for the reasons I mentioned.
    We have no reason to sell him whatsoever, so why should we sell him for anything less than his release clause?

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    We have no reason to sell him whatsoever, so why should we sell him for anything less than his release clause?
    If he want to leave 40-45m is too good to turn down. If he doesn't want to leave then sure, keep him.

But there's rumors Cilessen want to play regularly and if we get an offer around that range Barca would be stupid to turn that down. Paying so much for a GK that's still unproven as a starter at this level is a reach.

People saying the club should force him to stay against his will or demand 60m or tell clubs to fuck off are delusional.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    If he want to leave 40-45m is too good to turn down. If he doesn't want to leave then sure, keep him.

But there's rumors Cilessen want to play regularly and if we get an offer around that range Barca would be stupid to turn that down. Paying so much for a GK that's still unproven as a starter at this level is a reach.

People saying the club should force him to stay against his will or demand 60m or tell clubs to fuck off are delusional.
    Rumors that contradict literally everything the player himself has said about how he feels regarding his situation here.

We have a good thing going by having a backup who is of this quality and unless a team wants to fork over his release clause there's no reason to disrupt that.