Jasper Cillessen

Jombi

If I take a guess,MATS will be starting GK in both CL & Liga .but he won't play every game and will get "rested" games here and there in Liga & CL easy group games ,so Cillessen will get 10-12 games in addition to CDR .
That will be huge improvement on his current situation

Thats just dumb. MATS doesnt need to get "rested".

So we are substantially weakening our squad for nothing.

God Serena

If I take a guess,MATS will be starting GK in both CL & Liga .but he won't play every game and will get "rested" games here and there in Liga & CL easy group games ,so Cillessen will get 10-12 games in addition to CDR .
That will be huge improvement on his current situation

How/why do you need to rest a goalkeeper?

Trickykid

Even for half of that we would still be overpaying. Will be very interesting to see how much Diego Alves goes for now. Can't have a fucking keeper that has never saved a penalty at a club of this level where saving one can change everything.

How many penalties do we face a season, and how many do you think Cillessen, who will play a low amount of games, will face?

Either way, I'll join you lot's whining little choir if Cillessen and the whole new keeper constellation turns to shit. Until then, I'll be gullible and chose to believe in Unzue and Lucho again. Cuz, you know what, the Bravo/MAtS plan turned out fairly fucking well, no?

JamDav1982

Thats just dumb. MATS doesnt need to get "rested".

So we are substantially weakening our squad for nothing.

It is not about resting Mats is about having a number two that is of a decent level to step in if he gets injured.

They will usually get a lesser competition to keep them sharper and give them a reason to even move.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
How many penalties do we face a season, and how many do you think Cillessen, who will play a low amount of games, will face?

We don't know yet how many games he will play, or at all which competitions he will feature in. Lucho is known for being stubborn so it is hard to just say what he will do.
Cuz, you know what, the Bravo/MAtS plan turned out fairly fucking well, no?
That's arguable. The reason we are in this situation right now is because Bravo wants to leave, no? So in the end it didn't work out that "fucking" well. Also, I'm one of many who thinks Bravo has been a hindrance to ter Stegen's development. Who knows how good he could've been right now if he had received much more consistent game time in the last two seasons?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

We don't know yet how many games he will play, or at all which competitions he will feature in. Lucho is known for being stubborn so it is hard to just say what he will do.

That's arguable. The reason we are in this situation right now is because Bravo wants to leave, no? So in the end it didn't work out that "fucking" well. Also, I'm one of many who thinks Bravo has been a hindrance to ter Stegen's development. Who knows how good he could've been right now if he had received much more consistent game time in the last two seasons?

Of course it worked out well. Five trophies major trophies in two seasons point to that.

Had two great keepers for two seasons and could sell either for a decent profit.

Trickykid

We don't know yet how many games he will play, or at all which competitions he will feature in.

Again, how many penalties do we face each season, since you feel the need to mention Cillessen's weak spot so many times?

It's ludicrous to claim that our setup for the past two seasons wasn't a success. We signed a world class keeper for peanuts and two years later, we make a profit from him.

Your MAtS didn't develop argument is void, as I could just as easily claim that he would've broken down because of pressure, if Bravo didn't take over. Both instances are pure speculation. Fact of the matter is that it worked out incredibly well, and now MAtS looks set to be ready to be the main man with a quality backup in Cillessen.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Of course it worked out well. Five trophies major trophies in two seasons point to that.

Had two great keepers for two seasons and could sell either for a decent profit.

And there's nothing to show that we wouldn't have had the same amount of trophies with just Bravo or ter Stegen here. Hell, like I said, with just ter Stegen, we would most likely have had a much more developed GK right now and won just the same.

JamDav1982

And there's nothing to show that we wouldn't have had the same amount of trophies with just Bravo or ter Stegen here. Hell, like I said, with just ter Stegen, we would most likely have had a much more developed GK right now and won just the same.

Just absolute guess work from you.

The fact is we could only have won the same or won less.

Bravo has been great in league.

Cant prove we wouldnt win it all without Messi either.

Doesnt mean anything to argue 'dont know what would be like'.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
It's ludicrous to claim that our setup for the past two seasons wasn't a success. We signed a world class keeper for peanuts and two years later, we make a profit from him.

I never said it wasn't a success, just said that it could've quite easily have been the same success by just having one of them. And we won't see much of that profit at all if we are really buying Cillessen for the 13-14M that are being reported. He is probably a decent keeper, but if he were to play in the CL and a penalty shootout. That's when I'm worried.

JamDav1982

I never said it wasn't a success, just said that it could've quite easily have been the same success by just having one of them. And we won't see much of that profit at all if we are really buying Cillessen for the 13-14M that are being reported. He is probably a decent keeper, but if he were to play in the CL and a penalty shootout. That's when I'm worried.

Your using guess work to say 'could' have went as well compared to the FACT of how well it went.

Could have went worse. Who knows but it couldnt have gone better.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Just absolute guess work from you.

The fact is we could only have won the same or won less.

Bravo has been great in league.

Cant prove we wouldnt win it all without Messi either.

Doesnt mean anything to argue 'dont know what would be like'.

Then it is also absolute guess work from those arguing the other way. So really there are no winners here. End of.

Who knows but it couldnt have gone better.
Why? That's some "absolute guess work".

JamDav1982

Then it is also absolute guess work from those arguing the other way. So really there are no winners here. End of.

No one is really arguing the other way but saying no one knows. We only know how well it DID go last two years which was rotating them worked exceptionally well.

khaled_a_d

How/why do you need to rest a goalkeeper?

You don't , But you need to give second GK more games so in that way the 1st choice will see himself "rested" .or to call things with its names benched

Even for half of that we would still be overpaying. Will be very interesting to see how much Diego Alves goes for now. Can't have a fucking keeper that has never saved a penalty at a club of this level where saving one can change everything.

Could be the reason he wants to join us? :lol:
After all the last time we played an official penalty shootout was in CDR final in 1998 IIRC. Now he will have to worry only about a penalty or two every season

Home of Barca Fans