Jasper Cillessen

Horatio

You're welcome
Copa

If we won't go out against Celta then he'll only have 2 games.

Ahh I see you are counting the Copa games. Not sure if I would call it regular playing time but yeah...more frequent than now since the match dates are closer to one another from now on.

God Serena

He's the one who signed up to be a backup when he could be starting elsewhere. His own lack of ambition has landed him here and he seems quite happy with himself.

raskolnikov

Cillesen doesnt lack ambition. Rather the opposite. He probably thinks he is one mats injury away from becoming a starter. Same as he did with Ajax. If not posssible he will surely leave next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MAtS stepped up to a whole new level this season so that train probably passed for him if there ever was a chance in the first place.

I just hope we don't try to spend loads on a new backup. Sign someone decent and experienced willing to sit on the bench. Perhaps Reina or someone like that.

xXKonan

Think Cillessen was just happy a good team came for him no matter if he was first or second choice.

From what I've read and seen it seems that it was good for him and Ajax that they went their separate ways. His performances took a dip and it looked like he stalled out while he was there in his final season or two. Ajax had André Onana a former La Masia player waiting in the wings and he's been a revelation for them and Jasper despite his limited appearances here he looked good.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Napoli came knocking this summer for him. He would be a perfect replacement for Pepe Reina who is likely to leave in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans