Jasper Cillessen

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Jasper Cillessen's Holland to beat Messi's Argentina on penalties in the WC final in Russia?

:mou:

Tried it once and failed miserably. Van Gaal was stupid not to sub him out with Tim Krul like in their other penalty shootout at the WC.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I really hope that his probable transfer doesn't mean we'll keep rotating like this in all competitions....I prefer to go back to the usual system, with the back-up keeper only playing in the CdR. Ter Stegen is better than Cillessen, so he should play in both the CL and La Liga to maximize our chances of winning those competitions imo.

Then again, I think it's doubtful Cillessen would sign for us if he knew that would be his role, him being the 1st choice for the national team and all. He has some stiff competition there in PSV's Jeroen Zoet and Tim Krul, for instance. Not getting regular playtime would probably mean he'd have to give up his starting place, if not his place in the squad, as happened to Michel Vorm went he preferred being a back-up at Tottenham over a starter at Swansea City.

Last edited:

God Serena

There's no way he could be a signing meant to compete with Mats, he's simply nowhere near that level.

I find it odd how Lucho and Unzue are unimpressed by a keeper who frequently stonewalled all of Spain's big three but wants this random guy.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't think they were actually unimpressed. Quite frankly, he likely asked for too much money or was unwilling to be just a sub.

xXKonan

Theirs rumors that we were only willing to get Alves if we could get Alcacer as well.

Or like King Messi said, he was probably wanting to much money or wasn't that content with the role we wanted him to play in. It may sound strange but Lucho was likely convinced of Cillessen or we would have never went for him.

The Bravo/Mats situation was never going to be feasible in the long run and it would've been hard as hell to find someone that was on Bravo's or close to his level willing to play second fiddle to Mats. Cillessen is not a bad keeper at all. While it's true he's not good enough to overtake Mats in the pecking order he's good enough to be a solid second choice Keeper.

F

Flavia

I hope the fee is smaller than 10m. I know the market is inflated and the club is in a tight spot for a replacement, but still.

God Serena

It has to be his wages, then. He'd already agreed to be our backup before we even decided to let Bravo leave.

While I obviously don't mind him not being on Bravo's level, he will still be needed to do a job for us in the Copa.

khaled_a_d

I highly doubt he will be here just for the Copa,he is too good for that. Will probably take 10+ games in Liga too
A sort of different arrangement than that we had with Bravo but still more than Pinto had surely

BBZ8800

So, we are selling Bravo to get the same crap (rotation) but with a weaker combo of Gk's this time?

Awesome, sounds promising.

If true, Mats will be unhappy again, lol.

khaled_a_d

So, we are selling Bravo to get the same crap (rotation) but with a weaker combo of Gk's this time?

Awesome, sounds promising.

If true, Mats will be unhappy again, lol.

If I take a guess,MATS will be starting GK in both CL & Liga .but he won't play every game and will get "rested" games here and there in Liga & CL easy group games ,so Cillessen will get 10-12 games in addition to CDR .
That will be huge improvement on his current situation

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Even for half of that we would still be overpaying. Will be very interesting to see how much Diego Alves goes for now. Can't have a fucking keeper that has never saved a penalty at a club of this level where saving one can change everything.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans