Jasper Cillessen

God Serena

It's not the best of player management though. He is a good keeper and could have gotten minutes in some games like the one against Eibar at home.
Ter Stegen is 1st choice keeper at this point and deservingly so, but what if he gets injured?

Mats is our #1, benching him for Eibar would make no sense. Benching our backup goalkeeper for everything but cup competitions is the way things have always been done. Injuries to goalkeepers are so rare that what we'll do if he gets injured is probably be screwed either way the way most teams would be.

Galning

Keeper rotations are indeed unnecessary in a case like this one. Cillessen can play the Copa games but that's it unless Ter Stegen gets injured.

aaron101

Keeper rotations are indeed unnecessary in a case like this one. Cillessen can play the Copa games but that's it unless Ter Stegen gets injured.

In my opinion, he should have played the Olympiacos game and other meaningless UCL games if we already qualify.

aaron101

True! He should be playing more. He is a quality keeper and it's only matter of time before he leaves. Very good goalie.

I feel like he should be treated the same as Ter Stegen when he was competing with Bravo. Bravo for Liga and Ter Stegen for UCL and Copa.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, he should not.

That was a system that lasted only two seasons.

No other team does it for a reason. You have one starter snd one backup.

FC433

Too good to be a backup. I do not feel comfortable having him as a backup to be honest. I feel a bit sorry.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I agree, and that's why he'll leave and we should target an older, experienced backup. Perhaps Reina want to end his career here.

Alternatively an okay GK like Madrid got Kiko Casilla.

God Serena

Jasper was never a good choice for backup keeper in the first place. It showed a serious lack of ambition on his part to even be willing to come here when it was clear our #1 was Mats and that wasn't going to change.

FC433

The problem is that he does not mind being a backup, which makes me more uncomfortable. Personally I would promote Ortolá. He was decent in preseason and very impressive on the ball. In addition, promoting him would give Lazar Carevic an some chances in Barca b.

Albo

The problem is that he does not mind being a backup, which makes me more uncomfortable. Personally I would promote Ortolá. He was decent in preseason and very impressive on the ball. In addition, promoting him would give Lazar Carevic an some chances in Barca b.

No please. Due to shit decisions with goalkeepers we lost the 13-14 La Liga tittle.

Nothanks

Lol people making problems out of nothing
He knew what he was getting into when he signed for us.
He doesn't serve our team any purpose other than being there just in case ter stegen gets injured and we repay him by playing him in the least important competition of the three... oh and the nice pay raise compared to what he used to have.

If he wants to leave fine, we should sell him we can make an easy profit considering how cheap we got him, and we can just replace him with an old timer like Pepe Reina.

Devils

Yeah he's way too good to be a bench keeper.

Should offer him to Liverpool in relation to the Coutinho deal. He's easily better than what they have.

That or we can sell him elsewhere and make a good profit off of him.

Home of Barca Fans