Jasper Cillessen

God Serena

I hope he starts today. Must be difficult for MATS to get his head in the right place after godlike display vs Madrid.

Edit: I also hope he plays more next season, there has been some lapses in concentration from MATS and playing Cillessen bit more could fix that.

Lol

Messi983

To be fair I think he should get a start in a league game before CDR final to get back into rhythm after not playing since January. But that will probably only happen if we'll already be out of competition for league title (which we don't want to happen) or if we are already champions before last game (which is unlikely as much as we'd like that).

Messi983

f9f22a6515c729a550be6c7e297458e6_gallery_lw.jpg

El Flaco

Cillessens's conceded goal vs. Alaves

[gfy]GrimyMellowGopher[/gfy]

[gfy]WelloffDiscreteGallowaycow[/gfy]

[gfy]BlueSevereIndusriverdolphin[/gfy]

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
My god, that no-save play was simply awful! Yeah, he hadn't played in more than a hundred days, but that is basic stuff...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tbh, I think it's unfair to fault Cillessen for that.

It was perfectly placed by Theo.

He's talking about the shot that rolled across the line I think. At his near post and somehow ended up almost going in. Quite incredible that it didn't :lol:

Apart from that he had a decent game. Almost created a chance too lol kicking the ball long.

Total-Football

A world class keeper don't concede those period .. You can give all the credit to the shooter, give the keeper a pass for being a substitute etc . The reality is that shot is very stoppable. it was shot from the side of the box so the taker had a very concise angle.

Galning

He indeed had a shaky moment there but blaming him for it is stupid. You can't perform on your best level just by training. He did a decent job whenever he had to play and that's all you can ask from a reserve goalkeeper.

Potroh

You can't perform on your best level just by training. He did a decent job whenever he had to play and that's all you can ask from a reserve goalkeeper.

Sorry but it's not really like that.
The notion stands for all players, except the goalkeepers.
The goalkeepers train differently and react differently to sharp situations. If a GK performs much worse compared to his training performances, than he is nervous but his actual level is the same.
There are dozens of special test-exercises a GK has to accomplish and the coach always knows his "level", regardless how often he is getting chances.
Back in my days the "reserve" goalkeepers often played for the B team, just to be current in live situations, and then sat on the bench for the A team, that was a better setup for goalkeepers...

Home of Barca Fans