Cillessen's feint against an Atleti player

[gfy]DetailedAbandonedHaddock[/gfy]

[gfy]RewardingHeartyBarnowl[/gfy]

This [MENTION=21618]FlaFCB[/MENTION]?

xXKonan

C4GSNUZWIAAeWjb.jpg:large

xXKonan

Cillessen did so at Ajax as well.

Their GK philosophy is just the same as us.
Yep he was always good with the ball at his feet and probably one of the reasons he was Van Gaal's number 1 choice during the WC 2014 ahead of Tim Krul. Krul's distribution was pretty poor.

I do think he's improved though. If you compare his performance from Alaves vs Now it's like a night and day difference in regards to his passing. or it could be he was a bit nervous during his debut and wanted to keep it simple. Imo he's an upgrade to Bravo in the Distribution and Passing department.

BBZ8800

Yep he was always good with the ball at his feet and probably one of the reasons he was Van Gaal's number 1 choice during the WC 2014 ahead of Tim Krul. Krul's distribution was pretty poor.

I do think he's improved though. If you compare his performance from Alaves vs Now it's like a night and day difference in regards to his passing. or it could be he was a bit nervous during his debut and wanted to keep it simple. Imo he's an upgrade to Bravo in the Distribution and Passing department.

I doubt that he improved too much aged 27, even though players can develop and learn new things as long as they play.
He was probably just extremely nervous in his debut.

A good thing about him (apart from his his ability to jump, lol, and to save shots) is that he is extremely lucky for some reason, for now.
On the other hand, Mats is somehow "inviting" once in a lifetime goals (Roma, Bilbao etc) from lots of players when he is on a goal with his positioning and with his bad luck to some extent.

I have wrote yesterday, I don't get why we had to rotate Bravo and Mats for 2 seasons and in the end losing Bravo, but now we aren't rotating Mats and Cilless. What, Mats is some kind of a sacred cow in our team?
Maybe a new coach in the summer will give more chances to this guy.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I don't get why we had to rotate Bravo and Mats for 2 seasons[/I] and in the end losing Bravo, but now we aren't rotating Mats and Cilless. What, Mats is some kind of a sacred cow in our team?
Maybe a new coach in the summer will give more chances to this guy.
Really? That's quite obvious.
Maybe because ter Stegen was awesome in his first season and solid in the second part of the next one? He was fucking up a lot during the first half of the second season, that's true. He also did that this season and looks like he is set to have a good second part again. Bravo was bad in the second part of the last season, remember that.

Vilarrubi

Great game yesterday!! See his smile before Gameiro took the penalty, I really think that did put him off.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cillessen in La Liga but doubt it would happen..

BBZ8800

Really? That's quite obvious.
Maybe because ter Stegen was awesome in his first season and solid in the second part of the next one? He was fucking up a lot during the first half of the second season, that's true. He also did that this season and looks like he is set to have a good second part again. Bravo was bad in the second part of the last season, remember that.

Mats was given CL and CDR before he even played a game here.
So: coaches didn't know whether Mats will be good, average or failure and they gave him 2 competitions right away.

Cillessen?
Again, the board doesn't know whether he will be good, average or failure and he was given only the least important competition.
(Even though Cillessen was already a Dutch NT coach when he came here, and Mats was a guy from an average Bundesliga team and nothing more, to some extent, except having a lot of potential on paper).
So, Cillessen's career when he came here was better than Mats' when he came here.

No matter how you look at it, Mats was given more chances from the day 1.

Also, let's say that Cillessen will play awesome this season.
Do you think that in the next season Mats will get only La liga then, and Cillessen will get both Cl+Cdr (like Mats in the past)?
I don't think so.

If you get my point?
No matter what Cillessen will do, Mats is untouchable for some reason.
Also, Mats was given 2 competitions from the day 1, and Cillessen got only 1.

khaled_a_d

Cillessen should get more than CDR,even bofore this run of good games.
He is Dutch no1,he won't be content with 2-9 games per season,he should play at least 25 games one way or another (probably cutting some Liga games from MATS) or else we would find ourselves wanting a new GK again by 2018

frog-fcb

Im sure jasper knew how much game time he would be getting when we signed him. MATS was signed to be a starter so hopefully we wont face the bravo/ter stegen dilema again

God Serena

Mats was given CL and CDR before he even played a game here.
So: coaches didn't know whether Mats will be good, average or failure and they gave him 2 competitions right away.

Cillessen?
Again, the board doesn't know whether he will be good, average or failure and he was given only the least important competition.
(Even though Cillessen was already a Dutch NT coach when he came here, and Mats was a guy from an average Bundesliga team and nothing more, to some extent, except having a lot of potential on paper).
So, Cillessen's career when he came here was better than Mats' when he came here.

No matter how you look at it, Mats was given more chances from the day 1.

Also, let's say that Cillessen will play awesome this season.
Do you think that in the next season Mats will get only La liga then, and Cillessen will get both Cl+Cdr (like Mats in the past)?
I don't think so.

If you get my point?
No matter what Cillessen will do, Mats is untouchable for some reason.
Also, Mats was given 2 competitions from the day 1, and Cillessen got only 1.

Jasper was signed to be our backup keeper. This much was clear. Signing him and then rotating him with Mats the way we did Bravo would leave us in the exact same spot we were in. Most top teams have one clear starting keeper, that's how it is. If Jasper decides he's too good to be a backup, he can leave, and another backup will be brought in.

Home of Barca Fans