Jasper Cillessen

slicknick

It's like selling a starter, Rakitic now, to buy a way weaker (but younger) replacement, for almost the same money.
Younger he is, but it's not as if he's a teenager, so this thing does not makes sense in ANY way, shape or form

Either these stories are false or Bravo really wants to leave and the board has no other choice then to buy a crappy (and yet expensive sub) gk, or the board has gone full retard...
I'm afraid they did go full retard
hqdefault.jpg

Nucky

He is not a bad kepper but he just isn't Barca level.. I prefer Alves over Cillessen every day..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So Lucho was not convinced by Diego Alves or Reina, but gave his approval to Cillessen?

Don't think he's good, but perhaps he'll surprise everyone...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Can't stand this guy, but it would be fun if he came and the first penalty he ever saved was a Penaldo.

xXKonan

Surprised he's willing to come sit on the bench here considering he's the first choice keeper for the Dutch National team. I mean sure Joining Barcelona is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but he's young for a GK and I would think him sitting on the bench most of the time would likely lose his spot on the national team.

amircule

Ajax just confirmed on their website that he is left out of the squad because of some clubs' interest in him.

zanela

Looks like this is happening then. And these reactions to the rumours are giving me a sense of déjà vu. We were quite critical about the Bravo signing (myself included), and most wanted Keylor instead. Fast forward 2 years, it's Cillessen and D.Alves respectively. The former is closer to MatS in age and passing skills than Bravo was, and we are rumored to be paying the same we paid for bringing in Bravo/MAtS which could mean he's being signed in as a competition rather than just for a mere back up role. It could further mean that it's Bravo who's pushing his exit for not wanting to share mins, rather than a club decision.

F

Flavia

Looks like this is happening then. And these reactions to the rumours are giving me a sense of déjà vu. We were quite critical about the Bravo signing (myself included), and most wanted Keylor instead. Fast forward 2 years, it's Cillessen and D.Alves respectively. The former is closer to MatS in age and passing skills than Bravo was, and we are rumored to be paying the same we paid for bringing in Bravo/MAtS which could mean he's being signed in as a competition rather than just for a mere back up role. It could further mean that it's Bravo who's pushing his exit for not wanting to share mins, rather than a club decision.

I doubt the club would sell Bravo if he didn't ask to. But I hope you're wrong about the competition part. Think it was enough for 2 seasons. Hopefully it's just to keep MAtS on his toes.

zanela

I doubt the club would sell Bravo if he didn't ask to. But I hope you're wrong about the competition part. Think it was enough for 2 seasons. Hopefully it's just to keep MAtS on his toes.

I hope so too. But you never know. :pep:

Home of Barca Fans