Jasper Cillessen

Chong Li

First goal conceded wasn't really amazing by him (too hesitant).

But that save at 1-0 (right before then pen on Ney) was fantastic! :worthy:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Save at 1-0 was crucial. Exactly the thing we discussed we lacked this season.

Exactly! He changed the game with that save, we went from a very uncomfortable 1 - 1 to a more placid 2 - 0...

Sure, he could have done more in their first goal, but the things he did well outweighed his mistake...

Last edited:

Havesaks

Bojan

Im not blaming him for the goal, just for the mistake. I cant remember when I last time have seen that kind of mistake by a keeper. Furthermore for me it was a ter-stegen-like performance: doing well overall, but looks shaky and you expect him to make a mistake at some point.

El Flaco

Cillessen's conceded goal from Real Sociedad player Juanmi

[gfy]SophisticatedWhirlwindBedlingtonterrier[/gfy]

[gfy]SlimyHideousAcornweevil[/gfy]

Cillessen's conceded goal from Real Sociedad player Willian José

[gfy]CanineSharpAlligator[/gfy]

[gfy]HoarseWarmheartedBigmouthbass[/gfy]

[gfy]AggravatingTidyAnnelid[/gfy]

Messi983

Great passing

His short passes were very good but he just kicked long balls too often for my liking under pressure. Most of those balls ended up with Sociedad players. Of course that could also be because Masche and Gomes played in midfield and their positioning not being as good as when Busquets, Iniesta and/or Rakitić are playing. So maybe it's not fair to blame Jasper for that but I think Olaf is a lot better in finding our players with medium to longe range passes.

As other mentioned that save just before our 2nd goal was really important. I think he should've been more decisive with first conceded goal but that goal is mostly on Umtiti and Gomes. I don't blame anyone for 2nd Sociedad goal though. Umtiti was too short but I think it was perfectly executed cross and header so instead of blaming our players I'll give a full credit to Sociedad here.

Albo

His short passes were very good but he just kicked long balls too often for my liking under pressure. Most of those balls ended up with Sociedad players. Of course that could also be because Masche and Gomes played in midfield and their positioning not being as good as when Busquets, Iniesta and/or Rakitić are playing. So maybe it's not fair to blame Jasper for that but I think Olaf is a lot better in finding our players with medium to longe range passes.

As other mentioned that save just before our 2nd goal was really important. I think he should've been more decisive with first conceded goal but that goal is mostly on Umtiti and Gomes. I don't blame anyone for 2nd Sociedad goal though. Umtiti was too short but I think it was perfectly executed cross and header so instead of blaming our players I'll give a full credit to Sociedad here.

Those long balls were an effective way to break the good pressing Sociedad had in our side of the pitch. Short passes under pressing like that is always more risky and it shouldn't be the only way Barcelona goalkeepers play.

Vilarrubi

Those long balls were an effective way to break the good pressing Sociedad had in our side of the pitch. Short passes under pressing like that is always more risky and it shouldn't be the only way Barcelona goalkeepers play.

Agree 100%

It breaks up the play a little and mean's sometimes we can attack without having to pass out from the back and get past 11 players.

Home of Barca Fans