Jasper Cillessen

Horatio

You're welcome
Heard he took a bow for Arda when he made his hattrick. Transfer fee already paying off.
[MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION] you're on.

F

FlaFCB

The hell was he doing?

To be fair, I don't think there's really that much of a difference between the two. Neither are likely to contribute much if needed.

Yes, there is. Jasper is a better gk. Masip is abysmal right now, without playing for a long time.

God Serena

Yes, there is. Jasper is a better gk. Masip is abysmal right now, without playing for a long time.

Neither one has really seen much playing time but the time Jasper's seen has been against teams who rarely enter our final third so I don't think the difference is too great. Jasper is better in name only, in a similar way Paco was apparently such a huge upgrade over Munir. Even if Jasper is a better goalkeeper, it's hard to see Masip conceding a goal that you could say "Jasper would have saved that", unless Masip makes a massive fuck up of some kind, especially against Athletic who are honestly a tougher opponent than I'd want either one of our backup keepers facing.

F

FlaFCB

Neither one has really seen much playing time but the time Jasper's seen has been against teams who rarely enter our final third so I don't think the difference is too great. Jasper is better in name only, in a similar way Paco was apparently such a huge upgrade over Munir. Even if Jasper is a better goalkeeper, it's hard to see Masip conceding a goal that you could say "Jasper would have saved that", unless Masip makes a massive fuck up of some kind, especially against Athletic who are honestly a tougher opponent than I'd want either one of our backup keepers facing.

I take it you didn't watch the friendly in qatar? Masip is worse. He also played badly in the catalunya nt friendly.

God Serena

I take it you didn't watch the friendly in qatar? Masip is worse. He also played badly in the catalunya nt friendly.

I didn't, actually. Was he really that much worse? What I've seen from Jasper gives me the impression we just signed someone to stand in goal and discourage longshots.

F

FlaFCB

I didn't, actually. Was he really that much worse? What I've seen from Jasper gives me the impression we just signed someone to stand in goal and discourage longshots.

Yes. Masip was awful. Not playing took a bad toll on him. His reflexes are gone, and makes silly mistakes. And vs Athletic, with Aduriz, it's a very big risk.
Check the goals conceded, vs a very poor al ahli.

God Serena

Yes. Masip was awful. Not playing took a bad toll on him. His reflexes are gone, and makes silly mistakes. And vs Athletic, with Aduriz, it's a very big risk.
Check the goals conceded, vs a very poor al ahli.

Hmm. Then maybe this could be a golden opportunity for Jose Suarez to get some first team action.

Home of Barca Fans