Jasper Cillessen

IamGundogan

I was panicking when I thought he was our DDG replacement last summer. Decent backup option though, but you better hope MTS doesn't get injured.

hulinat

i just cant understand this signing. there are plenty of better and cheaper options and if he's only bought to play cdr then who the fuck cares what he can do with his feet.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Meh, he's coming to be our backup keeper, it's pointless to freak out because of a bad performance.

God forbid if Ter Stegen gets injured, he will be between our goal posts for as long as Ter Stegen is out. I just want someone who can stop shots and make saves, PK included. Everything else is secondary, like the stuff that Guardiola likes.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
God forbid if Ter Stegen gets injured, he will be between our goal posts for as long as Ter Stegen is out. I just want someone who can stop shots and make saves, PK included. Everything else is secondary, like the stuff that Guardiola likes.

I mean, if Neuer gets injured Bayern have Sven Ulreich in goal. Not sure that's any better.

Or Kiko Casilla if Navas is injured in Madrid.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I mean, if Neuer gets injured Bayern have Sven Ulreich in goal. Not sure that's any better.

Or Kiko Casilla if Navas is injured in Madrid.

Sure, screw those two teams if Neuer (who almost never gets injured by the way) or Navas gets injured. I don't want us to be screwed on the other hand.

DonAK

Sure, screw those two teams if Neuer (who almost never gets injured by the way) or Navas gets injured. I don't want us to be screwed on the other hand.

Neuer had a longer injury history than ter Stegen when he was 24.

Cillessen is an okay backup. None of the teams have good backups for a reason. No one decent want to be a backup if they can play regularly elsewhere.

I certainly preferred Diego Alves though, but hey....Lucho and Unzue wanted this guy so let's see how he does I guess.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Neuer had a longer injury history than ter Stegen when he was 24.

Cillessen is an okay backup. None of the teams have good backups for a reason. No one decent want to be a backup if they can play regularly elsewhere.

Why couldn't we get Reina?

JamDav1982

What are people panicking about?

Did anyone watch the Ajax game?

I watched the goals and there was not much if anything he could have done about them.

DonAK

Why couldn't we get Reina?

Because Lucho and Unzue obviously don't rate him. For one reason or another. Same with Diego Alves.

The club wanted to sign Reina back in 2014, but Unzue was adamant on bringing Bravo. Not a bad decision in hindsight that. Let's see how this move turns out.

Home of Barca Fans