Expectations for the new season

Expectations for the new season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

Flavia

Signings are almost done, and the season is about to start. What is your expectation? The rational one, what you actually think this team can achieve.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My expectation or target(sounds more reasonable) would be retaining the league and copa.

Especially the league with our added squad depth, BUT..CL would be incredibly sweet.

I

instinct

I expect us to win La Liga and CDR.

I hope we win the CL.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Won't care much about any other trophy than the CL this season. We won both the league and the cup last season, but when RM won the CL, nobody cared about those trophies anymore. Ronaldo had already won the Ballon d'Or and RM was the best team in the world again. Media seems to only focus on the CL. If RM becomes the first team to win it twice in a row, it would be a disaster.

zanela

For me RB position is still a big question mark. Roberto looks promising et al, but how he would fare over the course of a season, or against CL sides remains a concern. If Dani had stayed, with our newly acquired depth, I would have been quite confident of a '15 repeat. But I feel the void left by Dani will take time to fill, and its consequences will be felt on the pitch. That said, if MSN are fit and on form esp towards the business end, I'd expect us go deep in the CL and win the LL. Not too bothered about the CDR, but we have the depth to compete in it, without exhausting our starters this time around.

All rationale aside, my gut says we 'll end up trophyless. :antonella:

Alik

I don't think we are stronger than last season. Our starting 11 being older and less hungry than before is related to that. I think the league is a good goal. Don't expect the CL at all, and CdR will be tougher this season, in comparison to last where we had very good draws.

On the other hand, Real is stronger and won't be suffering from Benitez or being disqualified from the CdR this season.

F

Flavia

I don't think we are stronger than last season. Our starting 11 being older and less hungry than before is related to that. I think the league is a good goal. Don't expect the CL at all, and CdR will be tougher this season, in comparison to last where we had very good draws.

On the other hand, Real is stronger and won't be suffering from Benitez or being disqualified from the CdR this season.
Being out of the cdr helped them a lot last season.

bismp

I think the most important thing is to retain La Liga.I don't really care for CDR tbh...Liga+CL would be sweeeeet,just like back in 2010/11.But i think a fair and down-to-earth expectation is to retain LaLiga.I am surprised by the results so far

BarçaBarça

La Liga is most important, and maybe we can give a lower priority to the CdR than usual, to have a better chance in CL..

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
With a squad that actually has depth, I'd like to see us challenging on all 3 fronts. Ofc Liga is always the priority.

Player wise, I expect:

Neymar to step up and stay up.
All new guys to really push the old guards.
Munir to really break through and actually push Neymar further.
Marc Ter Stegen needs to stay fit and show his class and improve anyway he can to become one of the best.
And I'm also expecting Arda to stop f-ing around.

serghei

As usual for me, I expect to win the competition we have most control over. And that is La Liga.

As for our strenght compared to last season, it's tough to tell really. Many depend on how well the RB will perform.

Home of Barca Fans