Expectations for the new season

Expectations for the new season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neymessi

Any 2 out of cl,la liga and copa would be realistic to expect and what would be another fantastic season again.

Pepe Silvia

Triplete but it is going to cost us. The emotional and mental toll on coaches and players will be felt next year. If Lucho can withstand the political pressure and stress of being our manager past this season while winning trophies, then for me he is stronger mentally than Pep. I felt Pep kind of shrank by the pressure towards the end and couldn't handle it. We'll see.

Icarium

Lifestealer
La Liga is a must, can't lose with a squad like this. CdR + La liga would make the season great. For CL I just want the team to try their best, would be great if they win. Even if they don't it is fine, for CL you will need luck too.

JPM85

I think if any team can this team can. Barca has a brilliant squad qne I am confident they can achieve it unless they implode.

Agree on that, can't think of a year between 2007-2015 where we had this kind of squad depth.
Even RB feels good with an in form Pique besides Roberto or Vidal to coach and guide them.

DennyCrane

Why don't you care about the CL ?

Too much randomness. Shitty drawings, the scheduling in general that may or may not create ridiculous match weeks (think for example having to play Bayern between matches vs Real and Sevilla) for one team and not for others, meaningless matches vs fodder teams in the group stage that basically favours teams with depth rather than excellence due to the resulting fatigue issues.
It's also more of a marketing cup than anything else and completely overvalued due to that fact; in reality, most of the matches fail to live up to the created hype and the team that wins the competition is "the best team of Europe" on paper only.
A domestic double on the other hand means mastering your competition over the course of almost an entire year and several times as well, so it's a way bigger feat in my book.

Other than that, it's a no brainer that Barca is capable of reaching the semis in the CL, maybe more, but it's ludacris to expect (!) to win this thin

JamDav1982

The league determins the better side but the CL feels better to win is harder to win in some ways and get more recognition for it.

The CL is the big one to win.

Too much randomness. Shitty drawings, the scheduling in general that may or may not create ridiculous match weeks (think for example having to play Bayern between matches vs Real and Sevilla) for one team and not for others, meaningless matches vs fodder teams in the group stage that basically favours teams with depth rather than excellence due to the resulting fatigue issues.
It's also more of a marketing cup than anything else and completely overvalued due to that fact; in reality, most of the matches fail to live up to the created hype and the team that wins the competition is "the best team of Europe" on paper only.
A domestic double on the other hand means mastering your competition over the course of almost an entire year and several times as well, so it's a way bigger feat in my book.

Other than that, it's a no brainer that Barca is capable of reaching the semis in the CL, maybe more, but it's ludacris to expect (!) to win this thin

Yea, no club can truly expect a CL. Depth issue is interesting although the best teams tend to have a lot of depth, ofc.

Not sure about the hype point, most KO rounds tend to be great, except for the odd weak team riding lady luck.

CL is truly validated as part of a league double, except for rm maybe i don't feel like CL winners who lost the league would brag about being the best team in europe.

Vilarrubi

It does really come down to injuries, back to back tough games and motivation for us, on our day we can beat anyone in Europe with ease.

Home of Barca Fans