3 Finalists for UEFA Best Player award: Griezmann , Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale

F

Flavia

I am not dismissing them

i am saying European competitions carry a lot more weight in deciding this particular award
Simple and clear.
And I am just saying this based on the trend recently and the kind of winners it had

In Ballon dor they may carry as much weight

And I have already told you that, but they don't. All european competitions matter equally. Leagues included. The difference is this award is only for players who play in europe.

gasgas

And I have already told you that, but they don't. All european competitions matter equally. Leagues included. The difference is this award is only for players who play in europe.

When i say European competitions I mean competitions that involve countries from all over Europe i.e UEFA, EUROPA,and Euros

League and Cups i group that under Domestic Competitions

Now having this in mind, if you read my comments again you will understand what I mean and we won't drag this any longer

raki

What are you expecting? Barca to have 2 of 3 spots on the shortlist reserved to them despite their terrible CL season? Bale is a CL winner and lethal in Reals CL winning campaign aswell as Wales EC campaign. They were in the Semifinal for gods sake, fucking WALES.
And Griezmann scoring both, club and country into 2 european finals.

Cmon of course there was no barca player expected this time, what for? The league, and..-?

Get a grip man. This is individual accolades.

Suarez has 60 goals . 30 assists. 4 trophies and the Golden Boot.

Messi has 57 goals and 28 assists. 4 trophies

Bale did almost nothing this season. His TEAM won the CL. Even in Euro Ramsey was more important.

INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE!!!

gasgas

Bale did almost nothing this season. His TEAM won the CL. Even in Euro Ramsey was more important.

There's an accolade specific for top scorers
Golden boot
Pichichi
etc.

RMU ReBorn

When i say European competitions I mean competitions that involve countries from all over Europe i.e UEFA, EUROPA,and Euros

League and Cups i group that under Domestic Competitions

Now having this in mind, if you read my comments again you will understand what I mean and we won't drag this any longer

"The UEFA Best Player in EuropeAward was created in partnership with European Sports Media. It recognises the best player, irrespective of nationality, playing for a club within the territory of a UEFA member association during the past season.Players are judged on their performances over the course of the previous campaign – in all competitions and at club and national team level– by a jury of renowned sports journalists representing each of the UEFA member national associations."http://www.uefa.org/uefa-best-player...out/index.html

KingLeo10

What are you expecting? Barca to have 2 of 3 spots on the shortlist reserved to them despite their terrible CL season? Bale is a CL winner and lethal in Reals CL winning campaign aswell as Wales EC campaign. They were in the Semifinal for gods sake, fucking WALES.

Cmon of course there was no barca player expected this time, what for? The league, and..-?

you would have a tiny bit of credibility on this topic if you didn't completely blow bale's significance out the orbit with the word "lethal" dude scored 0 goals in 8 CL games if memory serves me right. get the fuck out of here.

gasgas

"The UEFA Best Player in EuropeAward was created in partnership with European Sports Media. It recognises the best player, irrespective of nationality, playing for a club within the territory of a UEFA member association during the past season.Players are judged on their performances over the course of the previous campaign – in all competitions and at club and national team level– by a jury of renowned sports journalists representing each of the UEFA member national associations."http://www.uefa.org/uefa-best-player...out/index.html

Nobody disagrees with that

Have you been reading my posts?

Those competitions count but voters give more weight to European competitions

Yannik

you would have a tiny bit of credibility on this topic if you didn't completely blow bale's significance out the orbit with the word "lethal" dude scored 0 goals in 8 CL games if memory serves me right. get the fuck out of here.

Chill dude, he was solid for Madrid even despite the statistical struggles, lethal for Wales, does this restore my "credibility" for you? :rolleyes:

Yannik

Do you realize that domestic conpetitions, even the league, barely matter. Mahrez came 11th or so. This award has always been about the main UEFA competitions CL and EC (if there is one going on). Chances are that most journalist voting there havent seen what fantastic performance Suarez had vs Las Palmas and Deportivo or remember how many goals he scored against them.

Last edited:
Yea, it's not new. Iniesta won it in 2012, not Messi. European comps are more hyped AND the RM PR is out of this world, so this was totally expected.

Yannik

This means the south american players have no shot at this award in years where there is a EC

if there is a player that could be creditted for both, CL and EC, then its pretty damn hard for a south american player to outweigh that.

Last edited:
Bale technically scored 0 goals in the Champions League, but we know he scored BOTH the semifinal goal AND the final goal... AND he scored the winner in the league week 35 and 36 in away games to Vallecano and Sociedad without Ronaldo in the line-up. He blossomed and was clutch as you could possibly be.

Last edited:
I dont want to spoil this romantic narrative of "UEFA hates Barca and especially Suarez" but the contenders to this award are literally voted by only jounalists. UEFA is doing nothing other than just hosting the price ceremony under their name.
Furthermore Suarez didnt just vanish or anything, he actually came 4th, right behind the shortlist..

People here expect two or more Barca players in every top 3.
We were atrocious last season.
we were horrible in European competitions which i assume carry more weight than copa del rey

good god this common sense was so refreshingly needed in this thread...

Home of Barca Fans