3 Finalists for UEFA Best Player award: Griezmann , Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale

F

Flavia

Wouldn't say that Cristiano is only in the shortlist just because of reputation, especially with his 53 goals in 54 games or 0,98 goal per game.

And of course, he played a part of when Real Madrid & Portugal won Champions League and Euro 16 respectively.

Suárez should've definitely been in the shortlist and no one has better stats than Uruguayan himself.

But Cristiano isn't the one to be replaced.

If stats are the argument, Suarez should be there, and bale shouldn't. If trophies are the argument, Griezmann shouldn't be there, and Suarez should. If actual performances are the argument, cr shouldn't be there. That's how I see it, and why I think cr is there on reputation.

RMU ReBorn

Well last year, he was top scorer in UEFA and broke certain records or whatever,
The year before i think he was top scorer and a UCL winner so
The year before, he was top scorer too If i'm not mistaken
the Chelsea year, i dont really remember

Let me make this point again
EUROPEAN competitions give you more marks/points favor with the voters simple as that

Last year Neymar scored as much as him In Ucl and Ney, did that in every fucking knock out match vs Psg , Bayern and juve .Yet Penaldo was picked ahead of Neymar

gasgas

It's not "as simple as that", because that's not the rules of the awards. And yes, for cr all it takes is being topscorer. When is Suarez, all of a sudden that's not important anymore. That's funny.

"carried wales" as much as ramsey. Or maybe less. Without ramsey they couldn't play properly.

But I am talking about top scorer in European Competition here not League

F

Flavia

But I am talking about top scorer in European Competition here not League

Oh yeah. Give Malmo, wolfsburg and the likes to Suarez too, please. The golden boot is not easy to get. And Suarez was the FIRST to outscore both Messi and cr in overall goals in a season.

gasgas

Last year Neymar scored as much as him In Ucl and Ney, did that in every fucking knock out match vs Psg , Bayern and juve .Yet Penaldo was picked ahead of Neymar

Last year he was carried by reputation, and i think they wouldnt allow three players from the same team on the top 3
Otherwise Neymar should have been there

This year the top 3 all have a case

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Suarez has a case to make top 3 as well. A better case than either of Griezzman or Bale to be honest.

gasgas

Oh yeah. Give Malmo, wolfsburg and the likes to Suarez too, please. The golden boot is not easy to get. And Suarez was the FIRST to outscore both Messi and cr in overall goals in a season.

Yeah, had we got Malmo and the likes Suarez could have won it easily.
But we didn't
Opportunity is enjoyed by those it falls on

gasgas

Suarez has a case to make top 3 as well. A better case than either of Griezzman or Bale to be honest.

if they decided to focus more on European competition which i believe they did, then No
Suarez doesnt deserve it ahead of those three

if all competitions carried equal weight, then perhaps he would be there ahead o bale

RMU ReBorn

Last year he was carried by reputation, and i think they wouldnt allow three players from the same team on the top 3
Otherwise Neymar should have been there

This year the top 3 all have a case
what are you saying ? There is no rule written as of that three player's from same team shouldn't be picked. If Fifa Can ( Messi , Xavi , Iniesta ) , why not Uefa ? are u joking or not ?

F

Flavia

Yeah, had we got Malmo and the likes Suarez could have won it easily.
But we didn't
Opportunity is enjoyed by those it falls on

That's a terrible argument there. Really, really poor. You dismiss la liga, pichichi, golden boot, and then says that... Impressive stuff.

gasgas

what are you saying ? There is no rule written as of that three player's from same team shouldn't be picked. If Fifa Can ( Messi , Xavi , Iniesta ) , why not Uefa ? are u joking or not ?

there is no rule, may be it's a preference or whatever
and I agreed with you that Neymar deserved the third spot more :lol:

And who knows may be they differed by one point
That's a terrible argument there. Really, really poor. You dismiss la liga, pichichi, golden boot, and then says that... Impressive stuff.

I am not dismissing them

i am saying European competitions carry a lot more weight in deciding this particular award
Simple and clear.
And I am just saying this based on the trend recently and the kind of winners it had

In Ballon dor they may carry as much weight

Home of Barca Fans