3 Finalists for UEFA Best Player award: Griezmann , Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Funny, i dont remember Griezmann being topscorer in the tournament you were talking about. Im pretty sure Ronaldo was.

As Flavia said I meant the Euros. He got to the finals of both tournaments and was the star of one of them. His inclusion was reasonably fair I'd reckon.

alittlebitter

honestly, can any non-Madrid/Man Utd/Portugal fan say with a straight face that Ronaldo was the best player this year.

Ronaldo wasn't even better than Griezmann this year. Griezmann had a significantly better Euros, and was just as good in the CL. Neither impressed in any of the finals they played this year, and Atleti faced way harder competition in the CL knockout rounds.

How can someone win best player of the year when they weren't even the best player on their team. idgi.

Yannik

Fuckin bale and griezman???? HEDIOUS. Suarez with with goals and 30 assists is 4th.....motherfuckers

What are you expecting? Barca to have 2 of 3 spots on the shortlist reserved to them despite their terrible CL season? Bale is a CL winner and lethal in Reals CL winning campaign aswell as Wales EC campaign. They were in the Semifinal for gods sake, fucking WALES.
And Griezmann scoring both, club and country into 2 european finals.

Cmon of course there was no barca player expected this time, what for? The league, and..-?

gasgas

People here expect two or more Barca players in every top 3.
We were atrocious last season.
we were horrible in European competitions which i assume carry more weight than copa del rey

Yannik

I dont want to spoil this romantic narrative of "UEFA hates Barca and especially Suarez" but the contenders to this award are literally voted by only jounalists. UEFA is doing nothing other than just hosting the price ceremony under their name.
Furthermore Suarez didnt just vanish or anything, he actually came 4th, right behind the shortlist..

Ritchie

we were horrible in European competitions which i assume carry more weight than copa del rey

If we had Real's draw we'd have eased to the CL final and beat Atleti in a one off game. We also won the domestic double.

Messi and MSN would have destroyed Wolfsburg and Man City.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Suarez was the 1st to score more than Messi and cr in a season. He should be there. Barça won la liga, did you forget that?

KingLeo10

you continue to come off as a complete clown by ignoring that we won the domestic double.

gasgas

you continue to come off as a complete clown by ignoring that we won the domestic double.

Yeah Domestic Double
I'm pretty sure European Competitions are given more weight
See the year Iniesta won it, it was largely based on Euros

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

We had a stretch of bad form after Cruyff passed away. Thats it. We weren't atrocious. :slap:

Listening to you, it sounds like we had the season Chelsea had.

People need to realize that we aren't supposed to be in peak form in August. I'd be worried if we were to be honest, because it's not sustainable.

gasgas

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] [MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION] [MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION]

What I am saying is quite simple.
European competitions seem to have more value to the voters when voting for the European player of the year.
Explains why Iniesta won it before, he had a good club season, but his Euro campaign won it for him
Yeah we won domestic double, we all know that
But how did Messi fare in European competitions i.e UCL, not so well, explains 5th place
Suarez in Europe was a bit better, explains the fourth place
Griezmann carried his teams to both European finals
Bale recovered his form for Madrid, carried Wales to the semis
Ronalda, some things speak for themselves

Had it been best player in Spanish competitions I'm sure Messi and Suarez would be up there
but it's not

Home of Barca Fans