3 Finalists for UEFA Best Player award: Griezmann , Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale

Morten

I just heard about the final 3, holy fuck what a disgrace:facepalm: it pisses me off how much influence Florentino has, Suarez should have been there.

Florentino got nothing to do with the Suarez thing, UEFA/FIFA hates him and has decided to ignore him for any future awards. If he makes it to top 3 on ballon dor, i will be shocked.

Pablo Escobar

I just heard about the final 3, holy fuck what a disgrace:facepalm: it pisses me off how much influence Florentino has, Suarez should have been there.

Isn't this award for CL/EL Football strictly?

In this case, they could've jumped Suarez despite him being doing pretty well, the award should still go to Antoine so doesn't make a difference if 2nd or 4th, but if it involves domestic leagues, than missing him is a disgrace.

F

Flavia

Ronaldo, sure. Bale, well, he did win the CL and did well at the Euro. Griezmann? Failed to win the CL and failed in the Euro final to beat Portugal. I'd argue Messi should be there.

cr sure, why? He's there on reputation and thanks to his team mates, not merit. I'd replace him with Suarez. But ofc this would never happen, mendes and floper marketing machine and all.

In this case, they could've jumped Suarez despite him being doing pretty well, the award should still go to Antoine so doesn't make a difference if 2nd or 4th, but if it involves domestic leagues, than missing him is a disgrace.

Domestic leagues are also taken into account.

NotInHere

Florentino got nothing to do with the Suarez thing, UEFA/FIFA hates him and has decided to ignore him for any future awards. If he makes it to top 3 on ballon dor, i will be shocked.
Remember the times Cristiano punched players just because the ref wouldn't call fouls on him? How come Cristiano made it to the list and Suarez didn't? Yes Cristiano had the numbers, but if Suarez is being left out because he of his aggressive nature than Cristiano should be left out also.

So Florentino and the corrupt Spain has everything to do with it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
But...but Bale was supposed to be our best and most important player last season, right? Are you now saying he wasnt, after all?

Bale was your best player in the CL final and did pretty well for Wales in the Euros. Still merits nothing above Suarez or Messi. Griezmann got to the CL final and was top scorer/player of the tournament so he's earned his spot. I've never seen anyone who has the sheer luck that Ronaldo has had this year but he should be there for the team trophies alone. UEFA's not gonna leave out a guy who won both of their major tournaments this year.

Domestic leagues are taken into account but they take a complete backseat to the Euros and CL in terms of importance to UEFA's panel. Messi and Suarez getting knocked out of CL in the quarterfinals and not being part of the Euros obviously screwed them. On pure merit for performance over the season, Suarez would surely be on the list and maybe Messi as well.

Last edited:

NotInHere

Domestic titles are also taken into account, it's fucking bs how Suarez isn't on the list, he was the pichichi and the golden boot. Fuck UEFA

NotInHere

Bale was your best player in the CL final and did pretty well for Wales in the Euros. Still merits nothing above Suarez or Messi. Griezmann got to the CL final and was top scorer/player of the tournament so he's earned his spot. I've never seen anyone who has the sheer luck that Ronaldo has had this year but he should be there for the team trophies alone. UEFA's not gonna leave out a guy who won both of their major tournaments this year.
But Barcelona won two titles this year, I swear people take for granted what Barcelona accomplishes if they don't win the CL. What is Bale even doing there, UEFA lost all credibility with that selection.

Morten

Remember the times Cristiano punched players just because the ref wouldn't call fouls on him? How come Cristiano made it to the list and Suarez didn't? Yes Cristiano had the numbers, but if Suarez is being left out because he of his aggressive nature than Cristiano should be left out also.

So Florentino and the corrupt Spain has everything to do with it.

It has nothing to do with it, since UEFA/FIFA already hated Suarez from the time in England. UEFA/FIFA can tolerate the usual diving, pushing, but biting is off-limit for them somehow. Im not saying biting is a more terrible sin than punching or whatever, but for UEFA/FIFA it certainly is.

Morten

Domestic leagues are taken into account but they take a complete backseat to the Euros and CL in terms of importance to UEFA's panel. Messi and Suarez getting knocked out of CL in the quarterfinals and not being part of the Euros obviously screwed them. On pure merit for performance over the season, Suarez would surely be on the list and maybe Messi as well.

Funny, i dont remember Griezmann being topscorer in the tournament you were talking about. Im pretty sure Ronaldo was.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
cr sure, why? He's there on reputation and thanks to his team mates, not merit. I'd replace him with Suarez. But ofc this would never happen, mendes and floper marketing machine and all.

Let's face it, Ronaldo has the CL and Euro trophy under his belt and his name is Cristiano Ronaldo, it is just how it works these days. Two major titles, regardless of his personal performance. Swap out his name with Messi's and it would still work.

F

Flavia

Let's face it, Ronaldo has the CL and Euro trophy under his belt and his name is Cristiano Ronaldo, it is just how it works these days. Two major titles, regardless of his personal performance. Swap out his name with Messi's and it would still work.

No, Messi always have to be stellar to be there. He's not there now, and wasn't it in 13-14. cr has been a finalist every year, since the award came back in 10-11. And he shouldn't had been there at least in one year, maybe 2.

NotInHere

It has nothing to do with it, since UEFA/FIFA already hated Suarez from the time in England. UEFA/FIFA can tolerate the usual diving, pushing, but biting is off-limit for them somehow. Im not saying biting is a more terrible sin than punching or whatever, but for UEFA/FIFA it certainly is.
Come on Morten do you seriously believe Florentino doesn't pay off the media so they wont talk bad about Real Madrid? For some odd reason people feed of the media when it's corrupted within, nobody can prove it 100% but you start to wonder when Cristiano punches people and there's no backlash to his actions, they didn't even suspend him.

Morten

Come on Morten do you seriously believe Florentino doesn't pay off the media so they wont talk bad about Real Madrid? For some odd reason people feed of the media when it's corrupted within, nobody can prove it 100% but you start to wonder when Cristiano punches people and there's no backlash to his actions, they didn't even suspend him.

I know Florentino is a scumbag, thats not what im arguing, and yes, he is a shady character who probably do deals in the back room. What im saying is Suarez is a seperate issue, UEFA/FIFA clearly hates Suarez and it has nothing to do with Perez.

Home of Barca Fans