Olympic Football Tournament Rio 2016

Internazionale

They weren't favorites. USA was, as always. Now it's Germany. Brazil is doing the expected, fighting for medals.

Sweden parked an airbus, from what I'm reading. Played to get it to the pk shoot out. It seems hope solo wasn't wrong.

Hope Solo can cry herself to sleep back in the US :lol:

Take home the gold now girls :wub:

F

Flavia

She is annoying, but negative football is too. And it's the current trend with nt's, male or female. playing not to lose, instead of playing to win.

Yannik

NO Brazil will win the gold for men!!!! You will not take this away from us again! lol

Morpheus-Come-At-Me-Bro-Reaction-Gif-In-The-Matrix.gif

F

Flavia

Hope the men's final is Brazil vs Germany. Losing again would be somewhat amusing.

El Flaco

Playing so called "negative football" is understandable when it's used by a significally inferior team, like Sweden for instance.

The better teams will always have to deal with it, simple as that.

Last edited:

BrazilFan

It's not negative futbol. You can't expect a team that inferior talent wise to play open against superior opposition. It's a tactic, the other team has to know how to counter it.

F

Flavia

Brazil is not that much better. This tactic takes a lot from the sport, makes it boring. Cup format needs a revamp, many were complaining the euro was boring for that same reason.

It's not negative futbol. You can't expect a team that inferior talent wise to play open against superior opposition. It's a tactic, the other team has to know how to counter it.

It is negative football. I dislike it a lot, one of the reasons I am a Barça fan. And women's football is still a but different from male's, so I think it's sad it's already going down that path.

Yannik

Women through vs Sweden in thr olympic final.
I'd be over the moon if the men can replicate them tomorrow

El Flaco

Maybe it's negative football from your point of view whereas others like to watch how teams organize themselves defensively.

Same thing could be said for Tiki-Taka.

It's subjective, there's no right or wrong in football.

F

Flavia

Maybe it's negative football from your point of view whereas others like to watch how teams organize themselves defensively.

Same thing could be said for Tiki-Taka.

It's subjective, there's no right or wrong in football.

You now, I thought this would not need to be said, but everything I say here it's from my point of view. This is a forum, and I don't know how I could speak on anyone else's behalf.
Parking the bus is negative boring football. If all matches were like that, it'd stop being the most popular sport in the world pretty fast.

Home of Barca Fans