Barca Transfers and Rumors

Giginho75

xavi-iniesta-busquets is not replicable in the world...
talent, experience, genius, cleverness all together...

but i think the best system stays 4-3-3
because MSN imo is perfect and in the midfield we haven't players for 3-4-3

GetIn

People need to realize that 4-3-3 is not viable anymore unless Messi moves back to the RW which is extremely unlikely at this point. Normally you don't change you formation to accommodate for one plaster, but in this case that one player is Messi, so there will have to be an exception. If we can get a half-decent squad around him we should be able to dominate Liga for the next 3-4 years.

Raketa10

People need to realize that 4-3-3 is not viable anymore unless Messi moves back to the RW which is extremely unlikely at this point. Normally you don't change you formation to accommodate for one plaster, but in this case that one player is Messi, so there will have to be an exception. If we can get a half-decent squad around him we should be able to dominate Liga for the next 3-4 years.

It's simple. If Messi wants to play RW than we can still use 4-3-3 if not than we have to go for 4-2-3-1 and buy RW (e.g. Dembele). That's it, end of story.

Last edited:

Giginho75

just a question, what is your preferite system?

it's clear that messi has to play only for attack...
but it has always been so since he plays with barca...
and, if i don't have wrong memories, barca always plays and wins with three midfielders...

imo everything depends by efforts and defense attitude of the team...
barca will be always a team that rules the play and it's clear that something can leave to the opponents...
but if we will have a brilliant and dynamic midfield and a good defense (for example in 2015), we can dominate again (hoping luck and shape in the most important moments of the season)...

anyway we have to wait valverde...

Raketa10

System has to be chosen depending on the players you have not the other way around. If you try to use players out of their natural position, like we did this year, it always ends badly for the player and for the team.

GetIn

just a question, what is your preferite system?

it's clear that messi has to play only for attack...
but it has always been so since he plays with barca...
and, if i don't have wrong memories, barca always plays and wins with three midfielders...

imo everything depends by efforts and defense attitude of the team...
barca will be always a team that rules the play and it's clear that something can leave to the opponents...
but if we will have a brilliant and dynamic midfield and a good defense (for example in 2015), we can dominate again (hoping luck and shape in the most important moments of the season)...

anyway we have to wait valverde...

As our team changes and evolves our coach has to adapt our system and tactics to suit the personnel we have. Part of the reason our team started looking so dysfunctional under Lucho in 2016 is because he was one stubborn son of a bitch who was unwillingly to adapt. We cannot rely on a singular formation because it worked for us in the past or that is the way Barca has always played. Good coaches find a way to craft an effective system that best suits the players they have at their disposal.

Also we definitely did not have a dynamic midfield in 2015, they were definitely much more functional than what we have seen lately but they themselves really didn't create many chances on their own. They were effective in controlling possession and advancing the ball beyond the opposition's midfield to MSN in the attacking third. Our midfield at present cannot even get the ball beyond the midfield to MSN in dangerous positions so we have seen the likes of Neymar and especially Messi move back to the midfield and do it all themselves.

Giginho75

System has to be chosen depending on the players you have not the other way around. If you try to use players out of their natural position, like we did this year, it always ends badly for the player and for the team.

totally agree...
indeed my 4-3-3 above is enough natural...
we won treble just two years ago with almost the same players of current season...
but it's clear that probably someone of them is not more brilliant and dynamic as in the past (for example don andres)...
so we have to buy some new players (also because those bought last summer aren't to level of barca)...

it's possible 4-2-3-1, but i don't know...
only valverde can understand what we need...

Last edited:

Barcilliant

THIS

I'm hoping Valverde uses his experience and uses a system based around our players.

BBZ8800

totally agree...
indeed my 4-4-3 above is enough natural...
we won treble just two years ago with almost the same players of current season...
but it's clear that probably someone of them is not more brilliant and dynamic as in the past (for example don andres)...
so we have to buy some new players (also because those bought last summer aren't to level of barca)...

Even in 2015 season, 433 worked only for 6 months.

In the last 6 years, 433 worked well for 12 months in total.

So, instead of trying to replicate 2009 and 2011 (which we can't without Xavi, Iniesta, Pep) or 2015 (where we can also ask a question whether 433 was that good or we just had a momentum, short term found motivation and everything clicked perfectly short term), maybe we should find a new system for 2017-2020 according to our current players and according to our opponents who play (and defend) much differently in 2017 than in 2008-2009 (especially against our, onedimensional version of 433).

BigBarcaBoy

totally agree...
indeed my 4-4-3 above is enough natural...

4-4-3 would be perfect, one more player than the opposition would make us almost unbeatable

Home of Barca Fans