Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

According to Canal Sur Radio, both Barca and Betis are working together to buy Emerson (RB) from Atlético Mineiro.

Andre Cury is leading the negotiations. Betsi will play 9 Million euros for 75% of his rights while we pay 3 Million for 25% of his rights and Emerson will play for Betis next season. I'm guessing this Co-ownership deal is to prevent any big team from getting him while he develops at Betis. Assuming this is true of course.

How many young RBs are we going to get :lol:
That said, I like that reverse Henrique type of deal

Joan

Bild reports we're interested in Kai Havertz. Thoughts? Looks like we're going after (at least) one of the biggest midfield talents. Kai, De Jong, Ndombele, Aouar etc.

xXKonan

How many young RBs are we going to get :lol:
That said, I like that reverse Henrique type of deal
I reckon the Club thinks it might be worth it just to invest in younger cheap RB prospects than buying experienced ones at this time.

Can't see the Club investing a lot of money at RB tbh. Wague looks impressive so far for the B team and it seems Abidal and Segura have a lot of faith in him to be a first team RB here pretty soon.

khaled_a_d

I reckon the Club thinks it might be worth it just to invest in younger cheap RB prospects than buying experienced ones at this time.

Can't see the Club investing a lot of money at RB tbh. Wague looks impressive so far for the B team and it seems Abidal and Segura have a lot of faith in him to be a first team RB here pretty soon.

I think it is more of smart investment than anything else, we pay 3M which are easy for us to afford, but will make him expensive for Betis, we get 25% of his future sale and buyout option too which is likely for reasonable price. He gets in Liga, so we don't have to worry about integrating him in either B or 1st team, or him taking foreign player spot. If he looks good, we have seen him in Liga atmosphere, he gets time in Spain for his future citizenship
Those deals were common in Clacio IIRC , and tbh I hated them but the truth for big clubs they are very smart investments

Raketa10

Lots of hyperbole in this thread tbh. We have money and we have a good squad that needs 3-4 new players.

We already made 75 million for next summer. We have more than enough budget to make necessary moves.

GK - Personally think Cillessen will move on.
RB - Wagué gets promoted which moves Roberto to midfield.
CB - Vermaelen leaves for free, I think deLigt is the target. If not, might look at Pavard for relatively cheap.
LB - Miranda gets promoted. People call for EVs head but when he plays them and they make mistakes, fans ask for veterans again. Weird.
CM - Samper leaves for free, Denis and Rafinha get sold. Gomes permanently to Everton and Rakitic to Paris. We go for de Jong/Ndombele and Rabiot plus give O. Busquets chances.
LW/RW - we should be good here.
CF - Maxi Gomez would be an easy target imo if we would have enough non EU spots.

This isn't all that difficult and also attainable. Go for a CB, 1-2 CM and a striker. Incorporate youth.

Roberto is mediocre in midfield. Don't want him there at all. Miranda at the moment is nowhere near required level.

soul24rage

If we only buy De Ligt, bring back Cucurella and promote Wague and sell Denis, Rafinha, Vermaelen, Samper

NEXT SEASON 19/20
GK: Mats, Cillessen
RB: Semedo, Wague
CB: Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, De Ligt
LB: Alba, Cucurella, Miranda
DM: Busi, Bob, O. Busi
CM: Arthur, Vidal, Alena, Rakitic
RM: Dembele, Malcom
LM: Coutinho, Puig
FW: Messi, Suarez, Munir

18 players squad + Bold players

In a 4-3-3.
Mats---Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Alba---Busi, Rakitic, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Coutinho
Subs: Cillessen, Bob, Lenglet, Vidal, Alena, Malcom, Dembele

2nd team for Copa del Rey and easy games.
Cillessen---Wague, De Ligt, Lenglet, Cucurella---Bob, Alena, Vidal---Malcom, Munir, Dembele
Subs: GK, Miranda, Chumi, Puig, O. Busi, Winger, Striker

This is still a good squad.
-If we buy De Jong, I feel that we have to sell Rakitic to get him.
-We can improve the backup ST as I still think that Suarez will be here next season.
-Miranda is not ready as a back up LB for the first team yet so I would bring in Cucurella from loan

khaled_a_d

If we only buy De Ligt, bring back Cucurella and promote Wague and sell Denis, Rafinha, Vermaelen, Samper

NEXT SEASON 19/20
GK: Mats, Cillessen
RB: Semedo, Wague
CB: Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, De Ligt
LB: Alba, Cucurella, Miranda
DM: Busi, Bob, O. Busi
CM: Arthur, Vidal, Alena, Rakitic
RM: Dembele, Malcom
LM: Coutinho, Puig
FW: Messi, Suarez, Munir

18 players squad + Bold players

In a 4-3-3.
Mats---Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Alba---Busi, Rakitic, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Coutinho
Subs: Cillessen, Bob, Lenglet, Vidal, Alena, Malcom, Dembele

2nd team for Copa del Rey and easy games.
Cillessen---Wague, De Ligt, Lenglet, Cucurella---Bob, Alena, Vidal---Malcom, Munir, Dembele
Subs: GK, Miranda, Chumi, Puig, O. Busi, Winger, Striker

This is still a good squad.
-If we buy De Jong, I feel that we have to sell Rakitic to get him.
-We can improve the backup ST as I still think that Suarez will be here next season.
-Miranda is not ready as a back up LB for the first team yet so I would bring in Cucurella from loan

Have we ever promoted 4 Barca B players at the same time and had successful season? Have we ever promoted 4 Barca B players at all?
Most I can remember was 3 players with Thiago,Cuenca & Tallo. Last 2 wasn't officially promoted but were used a lot and Thiago was used ton before he got promoted.
I am sorry, but this scenarios filled with Barca B players aren't going to happen

soul24rage

Have we ever promoted 4 Barca B players at the same time and had successful season? Have we ever promoted 4 Barca B players at all?
Most I can remember was 3 players with Thiago,Cuenca & Tallo. Last 2 wasn't officially promoted but were used a lot and Thiago was used ton before he got promoted.
I am sorry, but this scenarios filled with Barca B players aren't going to happen

I never said that we should promote 4 Barca B players. Only Wague. The likes of Puig, Miranda, O. Busi can still play with Barca B while getting few appearances in the first team like we are doing this season.

Joan

We're looking for a striker according to Sport. Piatek, Jović, Maxi Gomez, Dolberg and Werner are options.

ebieymjunior

So have been thinking of this for a few days now, and am writing it here, so many can see.

As fans of Barcelona, I suppose that most of us are fans because of the footballing philosophy that they posses? That includes the joy of the game and respect. No-one embodies that philosophy like Puyol.

So, as fans of the club, I think we should also show that quality, not only towards other Barca fans, but fans of other clubs as well.
I’m not saying we should be quiet when something’s not right, but let’s not go overboard and start attacking others personally. We can have something against someone’s ideas, thoughts, and what they write, but that doesn’t mean we have something against said person.

And it’s better to have a conversation, than to attack, which brings us nowhere.
Just my two cents, have a blessed day

Home of Barca Fans