Barca Transfers and Rumors

PhilS

For next season, this current Barca squad needs: No new players. Some of the underused players will leave, like every year. Promoting Alena will backfill one of those spots, so that he can get his chance to rust on the Barca bench. It might be better to have a smaller squad next season, I think even 20 players could be enough. Atletico is going with 19 as of now. Some of the players outside of the first 11 could back up additional positions. For instance, Gomes could backup at RB if Semedo leaves. If Semedo stays, S. Roberto could actually play significant minutes in midfield.

On the back line, going from Semedo or Mina to someone who could cover multiple positions would be a plus. Or, could Mina or Pique backup as striker? I think Digne might be able to cover the 4th choice CB job. I'd be fine if all three of Paulinho, Gomes and Vidal continue on next year. The front line alternatives to just always Messi and Suarez have now proven themselves: Coutinho on the left, Dembele on the right, always play 4-3-3 when either Messi or Suarez are not on the field. No new forward is needed, maybe just one newbie to squander as deep depth.

FCBfan22

For next season, this current Barca squad needs: No new players. Some of the underused players will leave, like every year. Promoting Alena will backfill one of those spots, so that he can get his chance to rust on the Barca bench. It might be better to have a smaller squad next season, I think even 20 players could be enough. Atletico is going with 19 as of now. Some of the players outside of the first 11 could back up additional positions. For instance, Gomes could backup at RB if Semedo leaves. If Semedo stays, S. Roberto could actually play significant minutes in midfield.

On the back line, going from Semedo or Mina to someone who could cover multiple positions would be a plus. Or, could Mina or Pique backup as striker? I think Digne might be able to cover the 4th choice CB job. I'd be fine if all three of Paulinho, Gomes and Vidal continue on next year. The front line alternatives to just always Messi and Suarez have now proven themselves: Coutinho on the left, Dembele on the right, always play 4-3-3 when either Messi or Suarez are not on the field. No new forward is needed, maybe just one newbie to squander as deep depth.

If Iniesta leaves, we need another attacking midfielder.

Horatio

You're welcome
How much did the player Owen Cole net us?

Had a tremendous start this season with us but was decided to be let go during mid-season transfer window.

FCBfan22

How much did the player Owen Cole net us?

Had a tremendous start this season with us but was decided to be let go during mid-season transfer window.

I dunno. 6 maybe? It doesn't matter really, because when he left, Suarez picked up form again.

Ritchie

IMO we could actually use a Kante/Nzonzi type of player: good on and of the ball. Wanted Nzonzi last year but too late now. We should take a look at Ndombele in Lyon. Same type of player with a huge potentiel.

Take a look at him here:

https://statsbomb.com/2018/03/identifying-ligue-1s-next-breakout-talent-tanguy-ndombele/

I'd take either. We need legs in midfield and more solidity. Particularly for this stage of CL.

We should have signed Kante from Leicester. Him and Busquets would be hard to get past and then imagine Messi, Coutinho, Suarez and Dembele in front of them.

Kante is the energy we lack in midfield.

BarçaBarça

If Iniesta leaves, a clear RB-backup for Semedo would be a fine option, with Roberto moving to the midfield and crowding out all of Gomes/Paulinhos playing time.
Maybe bringing Montoya back or buying Pereira (contract until 2019 for Porto) would suffice, and really strengthen our midfield indirectly..

FCBfan22

If Iniesta leaves, a clear RB-backup for Semedo would be a fine option, with Roberto moving to the midfield and crowding out all of Gomes/Paulinhos playing time.
Maybe bringing Montoya back or buying Pereira (contract until 2019 for Porto) would suffice, and really strengthen our midfield indirectly..

No. He is horrible as he has proven against Real.

FCBfan22

But we would need someone with a low enough level to accept a permanent bench-status. You don't get many good players to watch Semedo start every game.
I just thought of him - could be many others as well, as long as they are cheap, reasonably good to stand in when Semedo is injured and accept their place as benchplayer.

We have a solution for that. Give Roberto playing time mainly as a CM and some games at RB. Problem solved.

Messi983

I would rather keep Vidal or give a chance to Palencia than bring back Montoya.

But before we even talk about who should be Semedo's backup he should show enough to become undisputable starter.

Home of Barca Fans