Barca Transfers and Rumors

stk93

I’d suggest that Liverpool are far ahead of all the rest of you consider there most recent deals .. the keeper , VVD , Fabinho, Keita , the fabulous front three , the LB ... we should just hire their ‘COACH/MANAGER’

agree.. give him messi, coutinho, dembele, alba, umtiti, alba, roberto, digne, etc, etc and he make them look worldclass

Last edited:

Riordon

Real after Van De Beek. We can really see what Zidane wants now. A high pressing, direct team who covers lots of ground and with players who are strong at getting into crosses.

This sounds like the recipe for the UCl but not La Liga though.

Messi983

Real after Van De Beek. We can really see what Zidane wants now. A high pressing, direct team who covers lots of ground and with players who are strong at getting into crosses.

This sounds like the recipe for the UCl but not La Liga though.

Good, let them win the overrated CL and we'll continue to dominate La Liga. :rockon:

Zidane82

Good we'll continue to dominate La Liga. :rockon:

Let’s see how that goes...

Our players are gonna be older and slower ( imagine a slower Rakitic ! )
They’re gonna be much improved.

The only saving grace is FDJ . Just pray that Valverde doesn’t break him .

Riordon

Anyone who can describe Dominik Szoboszlai? Looks to be a good final third midfielder on videos. I want to know whatever he has the stamina and work rate to play as a 8 or if he is a traditional number 10. Looks quality on the ball, a hell lot of key passes and through balls and fine shoot

KluivertsBoots

There is a ton of Neymar smoke billowing about. Here are the facts as we have them:

- Neymar wants out of PSG
- Coutinho wants out of Barcelona, PSG have been interested in him for a long time
- Dembele is available for the right price, PSG would love to have him
- Barcelona administration are desperate for a splash deal (or two, if we count Griezmann rumor as well) to take attention away from how poorly last year ended and the decision to keep Valverde

My personal opinion is that both Coutinho and Dembele need to be in clubs where they have more influence over the style of play. They are quality players who moved to the wrong club for their talents. Obviously, injuries have derailed Dembele along with his poor attitude. Coutinho would be incredible for Tuchel, and I also think he would be very good for a team like Man United who badly need the spark. Dembele's best possible outcome would be Liverpool or PSG.

PSG are talking tough, but it is well known they highly covet both Coutinho and Dembele. A deal involving all three players, as has been speculated, seems too complicated to be realistic with all of the financial implications to the players themselves and respective clubs. However, there is so much smoke currently suggesting Barcelona and PSG have picked up the phone at least once in the last week.

KluivertsBoots

Instead of Neymar, Barcelona should be targeting at least two of the attackers listed below. This is under the idea that Messi would play as a classic number 10, which I think will extend his career into his later 30s, and to surround him with three very active forwards ahead (or two top class strikers) in addition to 2 or 3 secure midfielders depending on the alignment (2 versus 3 center backs).

Nicolas Pepe, Nabil Fekir, Hakim Ziyech, Heung-min Son, Lorenzo Insigne, David Neres

Pepe and Son can lead the line as well as play as wing forwards. Fekir can cover every attacking midfield spot as can Ziyech and Insigne. And if you're determined to go Brazilian, Neres is the one to target. Aside from Son perhaps, all of these players are either on the market or easily acquired.

Zidane82

Instead of Neymar, Barcelona should be targeting at least two of the attackers listed below. This is under the idea that Messi would play as a classic number 10, which I think will extend his career into his later 30s, and to surround him with three very active forwards ahead (or two top class strikers) in addition to 2 or 3 secure midfielders depending on the alignment (2 versus 3 center backs).

Nicolas Pepe, Nabil Fekir, Hakim Ziyech, Heung-min Son, Lorenzo Insigne, David Neres

Pepe and Son can lead the line as well as play as wing forwards. Fekir can cover every attacking midfield spot as can Ziyech and Insigne. And if you're determined to go Brazilian, Neres is the one to target. Aside from Son perhaps, all of these players are either on the market or easily acquired.
Why not just play Messi as a slightly withdrawn central striker flanked by Dembele and Malcom ??

Valverde is an idiot for not trying those three together last season when we were leading games three or four nil ..

KluivertsBoots

Why not just play Messi as a slightly withdrawn central striker flanked by Dembele and Malcom ??

Valverde is an idiot for not trying those three together last season when we were leading games three or four nil ..

This False 9 concept could definitely work as well. I'm a Malcom fan. He has the mentality to make it at a big club if given the opportunity.

Ultimately, I think the transfer policy should be designed around a system for which Messi is in the chess master role. I want Messi to have maximum freedom and ability to inflict damage in whatever manner he sees fit without having the responsibility to carry the entire team. I think this can be accomplished by surrounding him with the right kinds of players.

Arizona Scott

Malcom in no way looks world class. He is relatively young and could get better--but he is not close to someone I would bank on.

"Why not just play Messi as a slightly withdrawn central striker flanked by Dembele and Malcom ?"

Replace Griezmann for Malcom and then that is more intriguing. (Neymar would be fine too but I think there is no way that will happen)

Home of Barca Fans