Barca Transfers and Rumors

vlad

Barca cant sell players just loan them, but after two most expensive signings in barca history, now ground is being prepared for another 100m+ signing

Barca was always spending on players, but this is crazy

JamDav1982

Barca cant sell players just loan them, but after two most expensive signings in barca history, now ground is being prepared for another 100m+ signing

Barca was always spending on players, but this is crazy

Sold plenty of players and most top clubs loan out more players they cant sell than Barca.

Folk repeat the same shit time and time again.

Barca also sold the most expensive player in history but seem to leave that bit out.

vlad

Sold plenty of players and most top clubs loan out more players they cant sell than Barca.

Folk repeat the same shit time and time again.

Barca also sold the most expensive player in history but seem to leave that bit out.

You are still thinking that barca payed for neymar 50m? Paying all penaltys for that transfer, amount could be pretty close to that 220m they got for him.

It was not hard to sell neymar really, top 3 player in the world, they wouldnt also have problems with selling messi, busi, pique... but they could not get rid of arda, they let david villa for free, thiago, fabregas for 40m

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You are still thinking that barca payed for neymar 50m? Paying all penaltys for that transfer, amount could be pretty close to that 220m they got for him.

Haha no nowhere near 220m paid for him.

Anyway regardless they got 220m last summer that is the biggest reason for the spending since.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
During a statement to the court Neymar Sr. claimed Barca spent 200m on Neymar. I haven't read the story in detail yet so no idea if it includes salary, bonuses and accommodation for all his loser friends and orgies for his phony father.

JamDav1982

During a statement to the court Neymar Sr. claimed Barca spent 200m on Neymar. I haven't read the story in detail yet so no idea if it includes salary, bonuses and accommodation for all his loser friends and orgies for his phony father.

You have a link to that?

If anything Neymars wages were less than could have been due to the extra fees they tried to get round.

JamDav1982

It was not hard to sell neymar really, top 3 player in the world, they wouldnt also have problems with selling messi, busi, pique... but they could not get rid of arda, they let david villa for free, thiago, fabregas for 40m

Who should Barca be more like when selling? Real?

Who couldnt sell James who they bought for 70m, couldnt sell Kaka who they bought for 70, cant sell Coentrao who they paid 30m, cant sell Silva, paid Casillas to leave.

Do you want to go and check how many players Man City have loaned out in recent years as couldnt get rid of?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You have a link to that?

If anything Neymars wages were less than could have been due to the extra fees they tried to get round.

Documents sent by Neymar Sr's right hand man to the Brazilian National High Court claiming Neymar received 71m gross in salary for 5 years + Barca spent 134m through various (fictive) contracts to close the transfer.

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/barca/20180118/cifras-fichaje-neymar-fcbarcelona-6560498

If true it looks like the Neymars are saving their bacon by implicating the club and putting the lion share of the blame on them. I believe this is due to the lawsuit filed against them in Brazil by DIS and Santos.

FCBfan22

Ok, now that we have seemingly locked the Griezmann transfer, this is what I would do with our squad (I know, possibilities of this happening are extremly slim, but anyway...)

In 4-3-3 formation (although a lot of these players are usable in a lot of different positions in different formations)

Goalkeepers:
Marc Andre Ter Stegen
Jasper Cillessen

Left Backs:
Jordi Alba
Lucas Digne

Centre Backs:
Samuel Umtiti
*Jonatan Tah / Matthijs De Ligt
Gerard Pique
Yerry Mina

Right Backs:
Sergi Roberto
Nelson Semedo

Central Defensive Midfielders:
Sergio Busquets
***Oriol Busquets

Centre Midfielders:
Phillipe Coutinho
Andres Iniesta
**Thomas Lemar
Ivan Rakitić
Paulinho
***Carles Alena

Forwards:
Lionel Messi
Luis Suarez
Ousmane Dembele
Antoine Griezmann
***Jose Arnaiz

* I think that we need to sit down with Verminator after this season and discuss if he wants to move on to get regular play time. I think currently he is very happy with his playing time right now, but that can change when Big Sam returns. He is also 32 and injury prone. If he decides to go in the summer, I think we should either move for De Light or Jonathan Tah (who has his release clause at 20 million Euros, apparently).

**There has been talk quite a while ago that Monaco wants Andre Gomes. If I was Barto, I would try a cheeky offer of Gomes + Denis + 30 million for Thomas Lemar. Why you might ask? We just bought Coutinho... Well, considering that Iniesta will probably retire in 2-3 years time and even now he doesn't play more than 70 minutes per game (usually a lot less), I'm afraid that we will become very dependant on Phil in terms of creativity.
So if Phil gets an injury when Don retires, we are fucked again. If Phil is injured and Iniesta needs to be rested, we are fucked again. To prevent that, I would buy another Iniesta type midfielder. I see Alena more as a heir to Paulinho / Rakitić. Needless to say that both Lemar and Coutinho can play on the wings too, so they would both get enough of playing time.

***Promoted from the B team.

With this squad of 23 players (smaller squad, which Valverde apparently likes), we could do Lucho-like rotations, without losing a lot of quality in each position and we would finally lose the deadweight players. We would have 3 technical midfielders and 2 box to box midfielders and Alena, who is a mix of those two traits. Also, Roberto can fill the gaps in the midfield if needed.

Out: Gomes, Denis, Vidal, Rafinha, Deulofeu, (Vermaelen), Paco

But this is just a brainstorm of mine...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans