Barca Transfers and Rumors

Nothanks

Khaled has said this multiple times,
we need a centerback because mascherano is leaving in the summer and vermalean is also leaving.

Mina and Marlon are both non-eu
Paulinho, one of mina or marlon + our biggest transfer target coutinho is the reason why we are going for another centerback that is european.

M

MessiCam

Khaled has said this multiple times,
we need a centerback because mascherano is leaving in the summer and vermalean is also leaving.

Mina and Marlon are both non-eu
Paulinho, one of mina or marlon + our biggest transfer target coutinho is the reason why we are going for another centerback that is european.
We’re aware of that, although if push comes to shove we shouldn’t allow Mascherano to leave. He’s under contract until 2019 with a 100 Million buyout clause. At best, in all scenarios, we have 4 CB with Mina in and Vermaelen out while maintaining the status quo in terms of Non-EU slots.

Nothanks

Lol why would we keep a player against his will, especially one that we need to replace due to age..

what's the problem with buying a defender again?

M

MessiCam

Lol why would we keep a player against his will, especially one that we need to replace due to age..

what's the problem with buying a defender again?

You replace him the following season. CB, other than Vermaelen, is far from the most pressing problem we have. Our midfield is in dire straight, both in terms of age and quality. The 40/50 Million on a European CB can be used to get much needed quality in midfield.

If the deadwood in midfield gets disposed of adequately then an additional CB can be brought in no problem provided the midfield has been taken care of first.

khaled_a_d

We’re aware of that, although if push comes to shove we shouldn’t allow Mascherano to leave. He’s under contract until 2019 with a 100 Million buyout clause. At best, in all scenarios, we have 4 CB with Mina in and Vermaelen out while maintaining the status quo in terms of Non-EU slots.

He said he is leaving to the club and it seems the club already accepted that.
And player of his age who gave us everything for 8 years earned the right to decide his future. almost every player of his age was allowed to leave when he wanted to whether it was Henry or Xavi or even Pedro.
We already convinced him to stay once, zero chance we will force him to stay and say"honor your contract"

I think this situation is being blown out of proportion. It's not so much about a lack of CB options but rather that both Pique and Umtiti have managed to get 4 yellows simultaneously while Mascherano has picked up an injury. It's just a perfect storm.

We wouldn't be discussing this had Pique and Umtiti not picked up the yellows simultaneously.

Pique is out of form, and he if he continue that way we need a proper replacement actually. Umtiti himself is aggressive and will always get those yellow cards. This situation isn't blown out of proportion. It is alarming situation that could hunt us during the whole season.
When a sporing director say we can't rely on 3 CB only, and Vermaelen can't be relied on.that says a lot about the situation

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

He said he is leaving to the club and it seems the club already accepted that.
And player of his age who gave us everything for 8 years earned the right to decide his future. almost every player of his age was allowed to leave when he wanted to whether it was Henry or Xavi or even Pedro.
We already convinced him to stay once, zero chance we will force him to stay and say"honor your contract"
No decision has been made yet as far as I’m aware. All Mascherano said was he always discusses it with club but he might decide on his own. He shouldn’t be allowed to leave if it puts the club in a tenuous position. There’s no time for Mr. Nice Guy.

Pique is out of form, and he if he continue that way we need a proper replacement actually. Umtiti himself is aggressive and will always get those yellow cards. This situation isn't blown out of proportion. It is alarming situation that could hunt us during the whole season.
When a sporing director say we can't rely on 3 CB only, and Vermaelen can't be relied on.that says a lot about the situation

Out of form... So is Suarez, Rakitic, Gomes, Vidal... Rafinha is still recovering and Arda is a reject. He might as well play with the reserves.

Midfield along with attack to a lesser extent is way more pressing than letting Mascherano walk out the door and signing another CB over and above Mina which is a great deal.

I’ve already conceded on Vermaelen and Mina comes in for him while Mascherano stays.

Now all that considered which area do you think is most alarming?

SeloBarca

I would be happy with De Ligt.
We dont need a starter CB, and he could be great in the future.
Hopefully we can get him for a decent price aswell.

Ken_rosseneri

At this point in time I'm not gonna believe any rumor about transfers... I mean not one... you should've learned ur lesson from this past summer...until I see OFFICIAL I'm not gonna bother, not one bit

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We don't need anyone before summer. When Mascherano leaves then get a 3rd CB. 4th can be anyone from B team. It's not like he ever plays.

Nothanks

I wouldn't be dissapointed if we got a young centerback this winter, and sold vermalean.

the guy is on first team wages while eating shit, might as-well sell him to some epl team like everton while he's not injured yet who knows when he'll be out for another season and nontransferable.
getting a young centerback this winter also gives that player the second half of the season to prepare with the team so he'd be sharp and more prepared for the next season.

Riordon

Apparently Valverde wants a CB with European experience first. I really don't see the fuss... 9 Million for him is a steal.

Slowly starting to think we might mess this transfer up and he might go to another one of the several other clubs interested, offering way more than 9m.

FCBfan22

Do we have an option to buy Costas? Because if our board is so reluctant to sign a potential world class CB in the winter, we should at least look at him. Especially in the situation we are now in. Our two main guys one card from suspension, the reliable backup guy injured and the fourth guy who is unhappy, made of glass and hasn't played for a very, very long time against a La-Liga level opponent.

A situation like that in the CL elimination rounds could be suicidal.

xXKonan

Do we have an option to buy Costas? Because if our board is so reluctant to sign a potential world class CB in the winter, we should at least look at him. Especially in the situation we are now in. Our two main guys one card from suspension, the reliable backup guy injured and the fourth guy who is unhappy, made of glass and hasn't played for a very, very long time against a La-Liga level opponent.

A situation like that in the CL elimination rounds could be suicidal.
Yeah we have an option to buy him at the end of the season. Rumors are the club is analyzing the idea of buying him but we will have to wait until the end of the season to see.

Home of Barca Fans