Barca Transfers and Rumors

JerseyAddict

Iniesta is very straightforward if he says or does something he truly means it. If he signed a contract extension with us its because he wants to finish his career in barca.

About Griezman I think its a deal planed for the summer.

I never doubted he will stay "forever". Only if board did something dreadfull he would might leave to MSL or smth.

About Griez I don't know why he would leave AM before Wc and his comfortable place in AM to "maybe" starter in Barça. He needs playing time for WC.

Givenchy

According to Miguel Rico, we are going to keep pushing the idea of getting both Coutinho and Griezmann.

I hope we can land both but i don't think we'll be able to get Coutinho. don't get me wrong Barca are likely his dream club but i dont see him doing the dirty on liverpool to force a transfer. I'd take a potential worldclass midfielder+Griezmann right now as we need to sort CB out if Masch is leaving

Interlop

I hope we can land both but i don't think we'll be able to get Coutinho. don't get me wrong Barca are likely his dream club but i dont see him doing the dirty on liverpool to force a transfer. I'd take a potential worldclass midfielder+Griezmann right now as we need to sort CB out if Masch is leaving

You missed like half of August. He basically faked an injury to come here and play. Liverpool were too stubborn.

SeloBarca

If we would get Griez, what do you think we will do with Suarez?
Can Griez play RW or LW?

Dembele - Griezmann - Messi
---- Coutinho - xxx
---------Busquetes

Or

Griezmann - Suarez - Dembele
------ Coutinho - Messi
----------- Busquetes

I think the second option is very unlikely and defence would be quite vulnrable.
No doubt Messi is the best playmaker regista in the world by far though.

FinBarcelonafan

If we would get Griez, what do you think we will do with Suarez?
Can Griez play RW or LW?

Dembele - Griezmann - Messi
---- Coutinho - xxx
---------Busquetes

Or

Griezmann - Suarez - Dembele
------ Coutinho - Messi
----------- Busquetes

I think the second option is very unlikely and defence would be quite vulnrable.
No doubt Messi is the best playmaker regista in the world by far though.

No one will take Suarez and his 25 million € salary, though. We are kinda screwed with Suarez. We just have to hope he regains his talent..

Messi983

Sport sata that we are looking for a wing-forward this winter. Willing to spend 40 mil.

Wouldn't mind but really don't know who that player could be. Maybe Fekir? He could play in CL but he'd clearly cost more than 40M and I doubt Lyon would sell in January. Malcom would be interesting too, I don't know if we are willing to gamble with two 20 years old kids though and he would also take non EU spot so we'd have to change our plans with Coutinho and Mina (or sell Paulinho but don't see this happening for now).

I still think our priority for January should be a CB though. But at the same time I don't believe we'll really buy anyone so in the end Dembele, hopefully improved Suarez and maybe Rafinha if he'll ever stay healthy will be like new signings. :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't mind but really don't know who that player could be. Maybe Fekir? He could play in CL but he'd clearly cost more than 40M and I doubt Lyon would sell in January. Malcom would be interesting too, I don't know if we are willing to gamble with two 20 years old kids though and he would also take non EU spot so we'd have to change our plans with Coutinho and Mina (or sell Paulinho but don't see this happening for now).

I still think our priority for January should be a CB though. But at the same time I don't believe we'll really buy anyone so in the end Dembele, hopefully improved Suarez and maybe Rafinha if he'll ever stay healthy will be like new signings. :)

Why do you see our CB as position that needs most strengthening?

M

MessiCam

For that price they should be looking at Suso. He's got a release clause and is not cup tied. Easy signing if the player agrees.

In terms of a CB, just bring in Mina for the 9 Million already. I don't see what the fuss is...

Riordon

Whats going on with Mina? Is he a done deal or we decided not to sign him? Some different reports about him, apparently his entourage is blaming us for dragging the deal out.

Messi983

Why do you see our CB as position that needs most strengthening?

Just look at our current situation to understand where my (and most fans) concerns are. Masche out for a month, Umtiti and Pique both a yellow card away from a suspension with important stretch of the games coming over the next month. And only other option we have is Vermaelen who we can't rely on to stay healthy. And CBs in Barça B are not really inspiring as well with Costas probably being the best/most ready to step up if needed.

Obviously for good of the team I hope that Vermaelen will stay fit and play well if/when given a chance but I'm not confident in him as our 4th CB. But him doing well in coming month could also be dangerous if EV and board will decide we can count on him for the rest of the season. For all we know he'll suffer a season ending injury the first day after winter transfer window will close and then what? Will we hope that Pique, Umtiti and Masche won't get injured/suspended or will we gamble with Digne as CB/some B team CB in CL quarterfinal if our current situation repeat again later in the season? I hope not but as said above I don't really think we'll sign CB (or any player) in January so we'll most likely have to hope for the best to get through the season.

Also, with Pique's bad form I think we also need someone to push for his spot but I'm aware that getting that kind of player in January is almost impossible.

M

MessiCam

Whats going on with Mina? Is he a done deal or we decided not to sign him? Some different reports about him, apparently his entourage is blaming us for dragging the deal out.

Apparently Valverde wants a CB with European experience first. I really don't see the fuss... 9 Million for him is a steal.

M

MessiCam

Just look at our current situation to understand where my (and most fans) concerns are. Masche out for a month, Umtiti and Pique both a yellow card away from a suspension with important stretch of the games coming over the next month. And only other option we have is Vermaelen who we can't rely on to stay healthy. And CBs in Barça B are not really inspiring as well with Costas probably being the best/most ready to step up if needed.

Obviously for good of the team I hope that Vermaelen will stay fit and play well if/when given a chance but I'm not confident in him as our 4th CB. But him doing well in coming month could also be dangerous if EV and board will decide we can count on him for the rest of the season. For all we know he'll suffer a season ending injury the first day after winter transfer window will close and then what? Will we hope that Pique, Umtiti and Masche won't get injured/suspended or will we gamble with Digne as CB/some B team CB in CL quarterfinal if our current situation repeat again later in the season? I hope not but as said above I don't really think we'll sign CB (or any player) in January so we'll most likely have to hope for the best to get through the season.

Also, with Pique's bad form I think we also need someone to push for his spot but I'm aware that getting that kind of player in January is almost impossible.

I think this situation is being blown out of proportion. It's not so much about a lack of CB options but rather that both Pique and Umtiti have managed to get 4 yellows simultaneously while Mascherano has picked up an injury. It's just a perfect storm.

We wouldn't be discussing this had Pique and Umtiti not picked up the yellows simultaneously.

Home of Barca Fans