Barca Transfers and Rumors

Barcilliant

Ozil is simply not a good fit. He is lazy, weak mentally and disappears in big games, He and Di Maria were shown the exit door for a reason.

Ozils attitude and demeanor wouldn't fit our dressing room.

Barcilliant

He would only cause more problems than fix in my opinion.
He was rejected at Real Madrid for his high wage demands AND being a lazy playmaker.
in arsenal he okay good because for the most part he doesn't need to work so hard like his teammates who serve him more.

We have a player like that in messi... people don't realize how much work iniesta puts in defensively and i just see us being dominated unless we control 70% of the ball *which we struggle to do in big matches as of late*

I agree he's cheap but idk if he'd be a huge upgrade from iniesta.

This.

FinBarcelonafan

If we can get Ozil for the rest of the season for 20 million, I'd say go for it, because he could help us, but I wouldn't re-sign him. I think Coutinho can help us more long-term, though and I want this team to get younger.

Neymessi

20 mil? Don't even think twice. Thats nothing in today's market.

Beggars can't be choosers and ozil is definitely an upgrade to our midfield.

eaman

20 mil? Don't even think twice. Thats nothing in today's market.

Beggars can't be choosers and ozil is definitely an upgrade to our midfield.

Ya 20 million is nothing but it's a lot when you can get the same player for free in the summer. Plus ozil would want big wages that would not be worth paying for him. Save the money for coutinho and griezmann and goretzkas wages

Nothanks

He would only cause more problems than fix in my opinion.
He was rejected at Real Madrid for his high wage demands AND being a lazy playmaker.
in arsenal he okay good because for the most part he doesn't need to work so hard like his teammates who serve him more.

We have a player like that in messi... people don't realize how much work iniesta puts in defensively and i just see us being dominated unless we control 70% of the ball *which we struggle to do in big matches as of late*

I agree he's cheap but idk if he'd be a huge upgrade from iniesta.

International team is never equal to club football.

9/10 times the teams play it super safe, the laziest player can look good for national teams then get ruined in clubs.
which reminds me, another awful thing about ozil is his stamina, the smoker in his prime could barely last 65 minutes in the pitch in intense matches, he rivals deulofeu in that aspect.
Honestly, I see ozil as a Cesc 2.0, except he is 29 and more of a diva

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Nope. Isco was just better than him... Not defensively though just more impressive up front. He was sold to recoup funds after the Bale transfer.

How is this even possible for a playmaker that is second only to the Manchester City bunch and neck and neck with Fabregas in terms of chance creation and about as many passes per match as Coutinho?

I agree with this but a player shouldn't be excluded purely in terms of defensive duties. Coutinho whom everybody here seems to think is the ideal replacement is just as torrid defensively and if it came to deciding between the 2 of them in terms of ability to maintain possession I'd have Ozil.

9/10 times the teams play it super safe, the laziest player can look good for national teams then get ruined in clubs. which reminds me, another awful thing about ozil is his stamina, the smoker in his prime could barely last 65 minutes in the pitch in intense matches, he rivals deulofeu in that aspect.

He put in a full 90 minute shift in a very intense match just recently against Manchester City

Honestly, I see ozil as a Cesc 2.0, except he is 29 and more of a diva

I see this a lot but to each his own. Cesc has only ever operated centrally whereas Ozil has played either flanks as both a wing and an inside forward. I think he could play Iniesta's position easily without the heavy defensive shift. Does he have the possession abilities of a prime Iniesta? Hell no but at this very minute he is better in that department than both Iniesta and Coutinho.

Nothanks

Nope. Isco was just better than him... Not defensively though just more impressive up front. He was sold to recoup funds after the Bale transfer.
He wasn't sold from Real Madrid because Isco was better, lmao what are you on about?
Isco only last season started getting consistent minutes.. the guy was running down his contract because of lack of minutes.. ozil was sold what in 2013? so 4 seasons ago... they weren't linked.

How is this even possible for a playmaker that is second only to the Manchester City bunch and neck and neck with Fabregas in terms of chance creation and about as many passes per match as Coutinho?

Being a hard worker and being productive are two different things, Messi is our LEAST active member in the team in terms of tracking back, pressuring etc. but his output is high because the team is built around him, just like arsenal works around Ozil, if we have two of these players we're screwed.

I agree with this but a player shouldn't be excluded purely in terms of defensive duties. Coutinho whom everybody here seems to think is the ideal replacement is just as torrid defensively and if it came to deciding between the 2 of them in terms of ability to maintain possession I'd have Ozil.
Iniesta isn't a worldclass defensive genius, but he puts his work in, something Ozil doesn't.. Coutinho actually tracks his marker and helps the team win back possession, is he the best at this? no but he is most definitely better than ozil.

He put in a full 90 minute shift in a very intense match just recently against Manchester City
I disagree, he walked alot that game, like I said the messi comparison is there.

I see this a lot but to each his own. Cesc has only ever operated centrally whereas Ozil has played either flanks as both a wing and an inside forward. I think he could play Iniesta's position easily without the heavy defensive shift. Does he have the possession abilities of a prime Iniesta? Hell no but at this very minute he is better in that department than both Iniesta and Coutinho.
The only thing Ozil brings to this team is throughballs / final passes which is exactly what Cesc provided for us but wasn't enough to excel in barca, nor was it enough to excel in Madrid..

Last edited:

Riordon

Ozil would be an extremely short sighted transfer and 20m isn't remotely cheap for a player who has 6 month left of his contract. He would be on huge wages and difficult to get rid of in the near future as the case of Arda. A lot of our star players are around 30 or over, adding another wouldn't be good business at all. Instead we should be looking at replacements for our ageing and declining starters. If none are available we should just wait for the next summer. Buying an lazy and already declining 29 year old player for Arsenal for 20m isn't really going to improve our chances drastically in the Champions League.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

I’m sticking to my guns. For 20 million he would help this team. And comparing Özil to Arda is tough. At 32 Özil will have more appeal than Arda does. Ozil has won a champions league and World Cup....

And how can anyone say that his creativity wouldn’t be good for this team? He would push Messi up the pitch which is what everyone is calling for...?

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

He wasn't sold from Real Madrid because Isco was better, lmao what are you on about?
Isco only last season started getting consistent minutes.. the guy was running down his contract because of lack of minutes.. ozil was sold what in 2013? so 4 seasons ago... they weren't linked.
It’s difficult to argue with someone when their mind is made up already. Özil was sold on deadline day after the start of 2013/2014 season and Isco was brought in earlier that summer under Ancelotti. Under Ancelotti Isco saw plenty game time in his first season. If my memory serves me correctly, I read about this a long time ago) it was early in the season (maybe 1st game) and Isco schooled Özil but Madrid were fairly bad and Ancelotti called for more defensive output from both players.

In the second game Özil was played as 10 with and Isco deeper in a 4-2-3-1 system and again Isco schooled him from his deep lying playmaker position. That would be Özil’s last appearance for Madrid as Isco took his place next game and Özil was resigned to the bench. Soon after he was sold to Arsenal. Contrary to popular belief Madrid didn’t actually want to sell him but due to Bale’s transfer it was thought best.

Being a hard worker and being productive are two different things, Messi is our LEAST active member in the team in terms of tracking back, pressuring etc. but his output is high because the team is built around him, just like arsenal works around Ozil, if we have two of these players we're screwed.
This is a common myth that has spread like wild fire. In reality in terms of defensive output he is no worse than any attack minded midfielder.

Iniesta isn't a worldclass defensive genius, but he puts his work in, something Ozil doesn't.. Coutinho actually tracks his marker and helps the team win back possession, is he the best at this? no but he is most definitely better than ozil.

Ozil puts in his yards too. He is no worse defensively than Coutinho.

I disagree, he walked alot that game, like I said the messi comparison is there.

Not everybody is workhorse.

The only thing Ozil brings to this team is throughballs / final passes which is exactly what Cesc provided for us but wasn't enough to excel in barca, nor was it enough to excel in Madrid..

There is way more to his game than through balls... He’s an exceptional passer both short and long. He is good in terms of possession and tempo too.

Home of Barca Fans