Barca Transfers and Rumors

Leo_Messi

Can we start a Twitter campaign and spam Ibra's Twitter in order to get him back on loan for the reminder of the season?

https://twitter.com/ibra_official?lang=es

Here is Mino Raiola's Twitter just to be sure.

https://twitter.com/minoraiola?lang=es

Was on another forum at the time of signing Larsson and we were quite ecstatic. Celtic were a good side in those days almost winning the Uefa Cup.

You have to remember that players like Larsson and Jardel were wanted by the big clubs fans because of their great scoring records. Obviously Jardel ended up being a miss and Larsson a hit.

Henke was a quality signing already back then. If a similar type of player arrived fullfiling a similar role this January, nobody would be complaining so Khaled is wrong here.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Can we start a Twitter campaign and spam Ibra's Twitter in order to get him back on loan for the reminder of the season?

https://twitter.com/ibra_official?lang=es

Here is Mino Raiola's Twitter just to be sure.

https://twitter.com/minoraiola?lang=es

Henke was a quality signing already back then. If a similar type of player arrived fullfiling a similar role this January, nobody would be complaining so Khaled is wrong here.

I don't have twitter, but I can help you with spamming his instagram ;)

Leo_Messi

I don't have twitter, but I can help you with spamming his instagram ;)

Well, that will work as well. In fact every social media platform will.:cheers:

In all seriousness, Ibra would be a very decent choice despite his age (37). I wonder if he would be tempted? He might be 37 years old but his physique and form is better than that of most 32+ year olds in today's football. A final push for that CL win would without a doubt light a fire in him. Much like Vidal. I am sure that a deal could be worked out and a decent salary. It's barely 5 months. 4.5 months in fact as the season ends (CL final) in early June. Actually we are talking about at most 31 games if we reach the CL and CdR finals.

It's maybe the romantic in me who would like to see him back as his departure left a sour taste in my mouth as I did and do like Ibra as a footballer and I think that it is a shame that he never won the CL. Pretty much like Ronaldo.

Leo_Messi

Vela is a strange choice. I don't really see what he adds that Malcom cannot add (he barely plays). Not the typical number 9 nor would he offer any physicality that say the likes of Llorente, Giroud, Morata, Ibra etc. would.

He WAS a decent player while in Spain (not sure how he has been doing in the US, doubt that anyone here has been following him on a weekly/monthly basis) but it is a worrying sign that the club is looking towards such players who have not played at the highest level for roughly 1 year. Not to mention that he is most likely not the same player he was prior to the serious knee injury that left him out for most of the 2017-18 season. So we are basically talking about a player that has been "out" for 2+ years.

I always liked him as a player but I am not convinced of him being the right choice but I guess it is better than nothing and certainly better than Munir.

Last edited:

Kingkongkong

————Mats————
Wague-Umtiti-Lenglet-Alba
———Busquets—————
—-ndombele-Arthur——-
Messi—-Luka Jovic—-Dembele

My Dreamteam for next season, also look somewhat achievable

vuji_31

I would like Giroud.But nothing from that if Morata goes somewhere else.

If we will not bring someone who is tall and strong then don't bring anyone.
Malcom or any winger can play better then fu****g Carlos Vela who is RW whole life.
Never used on number 9.

Ibra or Giroud are the best options.
But I don't think so it will happen.

Givenchy

————Mats————
Wague-Umtiti-Lenglet-Alba
———Busquets—————
—-ndombele-Arthur——-
Messi—-Luka Jovic—-Dembele

My Dreamteam for next season, also look somewhat achievable

is Jovic really that good? i haven't seen much.. err well anything of him but i see him linked with us and many cules raving about him

khaled_a_d

Liverpool have £61m bid rejected by Benfica
7 hours ago 05:33
Teenage star staying put

Liverpool have seen a bid of £61 million ($79m) for Benfica attacking midfielder Joao Felix rejected, according to Correio da Manha.

The Reds were not the only side rebuffed as Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Monaco all had bids rejected by the Portuguese club for the 19 year old.

Felix reportedly has a buyout clause of £105m.

1993Kaan1993

why do we need another striker now? We can wait until the summer. It's not like Valverde will use them much. Paco was barely used and he is Bundesliga top scorer now. Munir and Malcom all didn't have many minutes. Valverde will not bench Suarez for the new striker.

It's better to wait for the summer than waste more millions.

it's mostly because of Favre and Dortmund's playing style. Favre got the best out of even Balotelli.

Joan

Read Valverde's latest interview. Says the club's trying to bring a new 9. It sorts of confirms our interest. There's not much time left.

Leo_Messi

Read Valverde's latest interview. Says the club's trying to bring a new 9. It sorts of confirms our interest. There's not much time left.

It seems that Vela has been discounted as an option according to recent rumors in the local press. Was expected as such a move made little sense tactically given that Vela is not a number 9 and that he has not been playing at the highest level for 2 years now.

Morata looks likely to join Atlético. Llorente will not leave Tottenham now that Kane is out until March. Giroud will not leave with Morata leaving as Chelsea will need a backup. Stuani is too expensive (€15 million) and the club does not want to destroy relations with Girona. I mentioned Bakambu as an option but no rumors so far and he is playing in China and earning (likely) big bucks.

Won't lie, quite curious to see who they have in mind. Another part of me thinks that they won't buy anyone.:lol:

Joan

It seems that Vela has been discounted as an option according to recent rumors in the local press. Was expected as such a move made little sense tactically given that Vela is not a number 9 and that he has not been playing at the highest level for 2 years now.

Morata looks likely to join Atlético. Llorente will not leave Tottenham now that Kane is out until March. Giroud will not leave with Morata leaving as Chelsea will need a backup. Stuani is too expensive (€15 million) and the club does not want to destroy relations with Girona. I mentioned Bakambu as an option but no rumors so far and he is playing in China and earning (likely) big bucks.

Won't lie, quite curious to see who they have in mind. Another part of me thinks that they won't buy anyone.:lol:
I seem to agree with the other part of you. :lol: But it's quite hard to find a suitable option. They seem to have taken this issue lightly in the summer. Betting on Munir with his deal expiring was a mistake.

I thought we could go for Bas Dost in the summer (two-meter peter :lol:), but he decided to stay with Sporting. Right now? Tabula rasa.

Leo_Messi

I seem to agree with the other part of you. :lol: But it's quite hard to find a suitable option. They seem to have taken this issue lightly in the summer. Betting on Munir with his deal expiring was a mistake.

I thought we could go for Bas Dost in the summer (two-meter peter :lol:), but he decided to stay with Sporting. Right now? Tabula rasa.

I am always pessimistic by default when it comes to dealings involving the current board. Years of disappointments have taught me that.:lol:

Yes, he should have been sold in the summer. He would like have received a nice sum of money for him. Alas.

Yes, Bas Dost could be a funny option but I would love someone like Mandzukic but I don't think that he wants to leave Juve.

Last edited:

Joan

I am always pessimistic by default when it comes to dealings involving the current board. Years of disappoints have taught me that.:lol:

Yes, he should have been sold in the summer. He would like have received a nice sum of money for him. Alas.

Yes, Bas Dost could be a funny option but I would love someone like Mandzukic but I don't think that he wants to leave Juve.

Bas Dost could've come for free in the summer since lots of contracts were terminated. Am I right? Seemed like an interesting option to me.

Mandzukic would be a perfect player. But there is no way he would leave a first 11 spot in Juve to sit on Barca's bench.

Leo_Messi

Bas Dost could've come for free in the summer since lots of contracts were terminated. Am I right? Seemed like an interesting option to me.

Mandzukic would be a perfect player. But there is no way he would leave a first 11 spot in Juve to sit on Barca's bench.

Yes, there was this incident at the Sporting training ground where some angry fans (ultras) attacked the players, including Bas Dost. Not sure why he did not leave but I know that Gelson left for free and joined Atlético, where he has been a flop for now, and now wants out. Sporting also took the case to UEFA or TAS as they thought that he could not leave for free as he was under contract. Not followed that case at all but sounds like a mess.

Yes, unlikely to happen. I have always liked Mandzukic (love hard-working attackers like him who fight in all situations, I was surprised when he did not succeed at Atlético as he was a perfect fit in many ways) and are decent footballers. Anyway he would likely not want to sit on the bench as much as he would do at Barça as you wrote and not 100% sure that he would be a good fit.

What about the "eternal target" Fernando Torres?:lol: Or the return of a veteran like David Villa? Both are probably past it by now.

Home of Barca Fans