Barca Transfers and Rumors

Joan

Yes, there was this incident at the Sporting training ground where some angry fans (ultras) attacked the players, including Bas Dost. Not sure why he did not leave but I know that Gelson left for free and joined Atlético, where he has been a flop for now, and now wants out. Sporting also took the case to UEFA or TAS as they thought that he could not leave for free as he was under contract. Not followed that case at all but sounds like a mess.

Yes, unlikely to happen. I have always liked Mandzukic (love hard-working attackers like him who fight in all situations, I was surprised when he did not succeed at Atlético as he was a perfect fit in many ways) and are decent footballers. Anyway he would likely not want to sit on the bench as much as he would do at Barça as you wrote and not 100% sure that he would be a good fit.

What about the "eternal target" Fernando Torres?:lol: Or the return of a veteran like David Villa? Both are probably past it by now.
I know it was a mess. Didn't want to go into details for that reason. Didn't feel like googling. That boat has sailed. But I genuinely wonder how he would do in a bigger club. Not that Dost is some outlandish talent, but I've seen him play many neat matches.

Ibra comes to mind. :whistle:

Leo_Messi

I know it was a mess. Didn't want to go into details for that reason. Didn't feel like googling. That boat has sailed. But I genuinely wonder how he would do in a bigger club. Not that Dost is some outlandish talent, but I've seen him play many neat matches.

Ibra comes to mind. :whistle:

Yes, I have watched a few Sporting games as well throughout the years and his stats says it all. Not sure how he would fit technically or if he wanted to exchange full playing time with a bench 75-80% of the time.

Yes, take a look at my previous posts in this thread. Ibra would be a great choice, just for the fun of it, but unlikely to happen with this board and Raiola lurking around. Would love it though.

Anyway for now I believe that Bakambu ticks most of the boxes. The only problem would be his wages and likely a loan fee or a transfer fee. Not sure if the Chinese club that he is playing for would be ready to loan him. Doubtful.

Personally, all things considered, I believe that Morata would be the best choice if he could just accept sitting on the bench. Is Spanish, knows the league, knows many of the players from the national team, has decent pace and physicality, great header of the ball and is usually a good substitute. Falls down to playing time and loan fee + wages.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Starting to think that Falcao could be a good option. Knows the league, Spain, Spanish, is a proven goalscorer, great header of the ball, technically good, a veteran and could contribute from day one. Of course it is not the same Falcao who played for Atlético de Madrid but less can do it in such a limited role as a substitute.

Monaco are doing incredibly poor and won't win anything this season or qualify for European football. So he might want to leave. Problem will be wages and Monaco probably being unwilling to loan him out.

Messi983

So today could be Day D for "El Tapado". :lol:

[tw]1087276044028203008[/tw]

I'm really interested who we'll bring if it's someone who was already discarded by the media (most candidates were at some point) or a new name we haven't heard much about so far.

Devils

Who could this mystery striker be? Every option that was rumoured to be linked to us was eventually also rumoured to be discarded.

Zidane82

Looks like it's Kevin Prince Boateng. :D

Wiki

Kevin-Prince Boateng, is a German-Ghanaian professional footballer who plays for Italian club Sassuolo. A midfielder who can also play as a forward, Boateng is known for his strength, footspeed and ball-juggling tricks

PhilS

L. Suarez is clearly struggling with his knee. I think he'll only play about half of the time for the rest of this season. Barca will bring in the best available backup CF before the end of the month, I just hope this emergency hire works out better than Song the CB. Remember when Afellay won that CL game? We can hope for a mid-season pickup who can prove that successful.

Home of Barca Fans