Barca Transfers and Rumors

Devils

or real madrid just offer bale back to them in exchange for Eriksen consideringtheir already established relationship.

lol no.

https://sillyseason.com/salary/tottenham-hotspur-players-salaries-69471/

Spurs have a crazy strict wage structure. Bale is on over 300k a week at Madrid and bringing him back to Spurs would cause mayhem at the club and smash their wage strucutre. Their current star players like Kane would be earning multiple times less than Bale. :lol:

Would be hilarious to witness but it will never happen.

khaled_a_d

We will have a clear advantage if we want to sign Erikson over any other club, I don't think that is even arguable here.
But
Do we actually need him? Can't see a midfield of Eriksen and Coutinho working together unless we get a Kante type of DM behind them, may be if push Coutinho to LW in 433 but that will mean the end of both Dembele and Suarez as starters in our attack with Griezmann coming in
Also,is he worth the money? cheaper than Coutinho ain't cheap

Last edited:

slvtn

Jerome Boateng recently wondered if Bayern should be his future or if he should search for new challenges. He's 29 and has had some injuries, but is still a world class defender and intelligent player. Maybe we should try...

Neeraj

Real has managed to get good players to sign for them, even when they were packed with a squad full of superstars and had ample cover in the positions these players were being signed for. Add to that, before this CL run Madrid are having, Madrid were the laughing stock among a lot of neutrals, considering their ridiculous managers, crappy football, hire and fire attitude, and general ass-whooping by Barcelona. Considering all of this, they still managed to get players to sign for them.

In our hay day when we were on top of the world, we still struggled signing a lot of players because of 'MSN', players not wanting to sit on the bench, etc. all of which was widely reported for many of our targets.

Considering that Madrid have had amazing CL success, they have a manager that is willing to give youth team players a chance, rotate enough to ensure most players in the squad get enough minutes, and the general positive direction in which they seem to be heading in, I can't imagine us being able to compete for players whose dream isn't to play for FCB, if both of us want the same player. They are most likely to offer a higher transfer price/wage if they want to go up against us, and now we don't have the automatic 'better club' status that we used to enjoy.

So it's probably going to be a challenge to attract the top youngsters going forward.

Devils

I personally think a Coutinho/Busi/Eriksen midfield would be fine, especially with Dembele and Griezmann in the starting XI.

We don't want to 'waste' Coutinho, it would be so ideal to find him a good partner in midfield that could set our midfield for the next 4 years at least. I have high hopes for Alena and Arthur, but I doubt either will make instant impact on this team like Eriksen would.

KingLeo10

I personally think a Coutinho/Busi/Eriksen midfield would be fine, especially with Dembele and Griezmann in the starting XI.

We don't want to 'waste' Coutinho, it would be so ideal to find him a good partner in midfield that could set our midfield for the next 4 years at least. I have high hopes for Alena and Arthur, but I doubt either will make instant impact on this team like Eriksen would.

I think a combination of coutinho, griezmann, dembele and eriksen would give us the much needed fresh legs and hunger as all 4 have yet to prove themselves in CL, atleast in terms of winning it. would kinda be reminiscent of 14-15 where we brought in suarez, rakitic, and MATS.

people worried about messi's role in this setup shouldn't be. with the likes of coutinho griezo dembele eriksen, a HUGE burden would be lifted off him in creating chances and he can go back to making the difference in the final third.

El Guaje

that's cute and all but the main difference is that Eriksen hasn't even announced or tried to leave spurs like coutinho had.
2 years is a lot, hell he could even sign a new contract

and that is also assuming other clubs wont target Eriksen to drive the price up.
why would real madrid, psg or any other epl team not go after him if he isn't resigning

2 years isnt that much at all if he really wants to leave. Tottenham either sell him now and get as much $$ as possible because they will be forced to sell him next summer anyway for less. I think they'd loose money even if there will be a bidding war.

I dont see Real going after him because they are stacked in midfield. PSG maaaybe. + Tottenham would rather sell to a club outside of PL. Also there is the players wish, if he tells them he only wants to go to Barcelona, we will have huge leverage in negotiations.

FCBfan22

But the most important thing, if we want to successfully do operation, is that Pep Segura keeps his fucking ugly mouth shut.

Giginho75

Many things depend by Coutinho position.

Are you all sure he will play in the three of midfield as new Iniesta?

What does Valverde think about?

I don't know...
Iniesta had (and still has) a great tactical cleverness, in addiction to his unbelievable class, and not-human ability to play with calm without losing the ball (almost never in his career).

Instead the brasilian, in my opinion, has a more advanced position and a different kind of playing.

I agree for Eriksen.

psychotsek

Coutinho/Busi/Rakitic/Eriksen sounds like an awesome midfield. That said we need to strengthen other positions before even thinking spending on Eriksen.Plus there will be no space for Dembele especially if Griezman comes.

Barca83

Banned
What would your ideal realistic Summers look like? Mine would be

In:
Eriksen 100m
Martial 65m
Arthur 35m
Munir
200m

Out:
Deulofeu 15m
Rafinha 35m
Vidal 5m
Gomes 30m
Alacacer 25m
Paulinho 10m
120m

shadows

In:
Eriksen 100m
Martial 65m
Arthur 35m
Munir
200m

Out:
Deulofeu 15m
Rafinha 35m
Vidal 5m
Gomes 30m
Alacacer 25m
Paulinho 10m
120m

Gomes at 30m is hilarious...I dont think the quote of any of the outgoing players is realistic.

shadows

Many things depend by Coutinho position.

Are you all sure he will play in the three of midfield as new Iniesta?

What does Valverde think about?

I don't know...
Iniesta had (and still has) a great tactical cleverness, in addiction to his unbelievable class, and not-human ability to play with calm without losing the ball (almost never in his career).

Instead the brasilian, in my opinion, has a more advanced position and a different kind of playing.

I agree for Eriksen.

Exactly ..Coutinho still doesn't have that awareness so to speak..but not sure splurging on Eriksen is the way especially since we just spent on arthur. probably there would be no further major star midfield buys??

George_Costanza

In:
Eriksen 100m
Martial 65m
Arthur 35m
Munir
200m

Out:
Deulofeu 15m
Rafinha 35m
Vidal 5m
Gomes 30m
Alacacer 25m
Paulinho 10m
120m

This is more realistic but again buying Erkisen depends if we don't buy Griezman

In:
Eriksen 100m
Arthur 35m
135m

Out:
Deulofeu 15m
Rafinha 20m
Vidal 5m
Gomes 15m
55m

--------Busquets/Samper
-----Raki/Arthur------Eriksen/Alena